Angry owner of vegan restaurant sprays smoker in face with fire extinguisher

Yeah, as far as non-poligies go, this one’s quite the show piece.

I’m obliged to say ‘I’m sorry’ because of my super high moral standards; whilst the other party provoked me, and I was totally in the right (being a righteous small business owner and all), truly I am sorry (due to my super high moral standards).
Amen.

2 Likes

It was an assault on intelligence and restraint.

1 Like

I didn’t notice the race component until you pointed it out.

1 Like

Sounds like he is chickening out. From my observation, the egg came before the chicken.

1 Like

One says, “I feel like a fag”.

Outside the smoking boundary of his own establishment, possibly.

3 Likes

If I had a million dollars for every preachy vegan restaurant owner who sprayed people with a fire extinguisher, I’d be a rich man.

5 Likes

But are you annoyed RIGHT NOW? :face_with_monocle:
:wink:

3 Likes

tenor The Dude Yeah Well You Know Thats Just Like Your Opinion Man GIF - Tenor GIF Keyboard - Bring Personality To Your Conversations | Say more with Tenor

6 Likes

For clarification, Utah law states that smoking is illegal within 25 feet of any public place, and that includes exterior boundaries. With tables right on the street, the curb would have been the boundary, and the smoking dude was only a couple of feet away. It’s not necessary to post signs, even though a lot of business owners do as a “gentle reminder”. I don’t mean to justify the actions of the guy with the extinguisher, but smokers in Utah know these laws well, and the smoker was being somewhat of a jerk to begin with.

2 Likes

So what should we do to people who drink bottled water? Do you honestly think a guy smoking a cigarette outside, away from others is polluting the environment more than anyone else? Can you think of a moment in your life, or anyone else’s, when something you were doing wasn’t environmentally destructive in some small way? Everyone worth knowing has vices. Getting your jollies piling on the practitioners of one that has become fair game is douchbaggery.

8 Likes

What is it with Americans and wanting to arrest people?

1 Like

That would mean tackling the person while holding a fireproof blanket, wrapping them with it and then pressing close to extinguish the flames.

Run into a lot of those guy, do ya?

There was a car going by at the time, trailering a coal-fired power plant.

A Google Maps image shows him to be standing at the edge of the far side of the planter near the stairs past the parking garage, definitely a good 30 feet past the last restaurant facade (he’s standing at the corner of the crosswalk).
Perhaps the parking garage allows them to use their sidewalk space, but if anything, it looks to me like the last table is encroaching on non-restaurant territory. You can fit two mid-sized cars in there.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7636342,-111.8897855,3a,60y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sN_9vlAKHeJV3zHKc80fMgA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

I think I’d have a good defense in a fair courtroom setting.

ETA: Either way, this restaurant owner’s establishment is halfway down the block, not next to the parking garage, if Google is precise enough.

3 Likes

This is what happens when you make threats you’re not actually prepared on following through with. You get put on the spot and then you do something very stupid to save face.

1 Like

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/e/e5/Vega_daio.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140802123950

I will steal this great quote. (Plagiarism is one of mine)

3 Likes

Ok, so arrest may be a bit much, but how about running a gauntlet of paintballers?