Angry protestors at Drag Story Hour in NYC end up bloody and arrested

Originally published at: Angry protestors at Drag Story Hour in NYC end up bloody and arrested | Boing Boing

9 Likes

He didn’t expect leopards to eat his face.

53 Likes

If your getting the shit beat out of you dissuades cowardly bigots from these events, well, you did help.

50 Likes

This for any both-sidesy media figures who want to play a game of “The Economically-Anxious Heartlanders just don’t understand these newfangled things happening at their local Smalltown library!”

32 Likes

Masks don’t always offer bigots the protection they seem to expect.
tumblr_inline_okkzgoJYIF1uets10_500

31 Likes

If they’re so proud, why don’t they engage in any sort of personal hygiene? Look like a couple of rescue dogs who’ve been living in a sewer drain.

19 Likes

Real Anons know that NYC has laws against masked protests. Hopefully they’ll tack a multiplier on his charge for assault while wearing a mask.

30 Likes

I gotta wonder how he thought this was going to go down. This is a community that was famous for physically fighting back against violence from armed police officers, and he expected they’d all pack up their so-called deviant lifestyles and go home because a couple of fascist Cosplayers showed up to their event?

47 Likes

I wonder if the gentleman in the picture sporting “Proud Boy” and “FAFO” will ever appreciate the irony.

25 Likes

I keep coming back to this statement, and reading others’ comments on it, but I still don’t understand how he thought he was helping or what sort of help he thought he’d offer.

Did he seriously think the families in attendance had been brought to this event against their will or without knowing what it was and that they needed to be rescued?

34 Likes

He came there to beat someone and was surprised to have them fight back.

Mmm, the irony is so very sweet.

29 Likes

Are you sure they aren’t from Staten Island?

17 Likes

The cops sure seemed to treat thos a-holes nicely, didn’t they.

13 Likes

Nomen omen?

9 Likes

“His name is Robert Porco.”

7 Likes

By “help” he meant beating the shit out of someone else without consequences. And if he thinks a little punch in the face constitutes getting the shit beat out of him, he’s led a sheltered life.

44 Likes

The sociologisty-undergrad in me wanted to carefully examine my judgements of reactionary suburbs, but I lol’d at “Go back to Long Island”

18 Likes

They think that when you fuck around they will make you find out.

13 Likes

Well, to be fair, he got punched by the “Anti-Face Eating Leopards Party”.

There has been quite a few measured, defense posturing responses to these fascist across the country by ANTIFA and John Brown Gun Club types. It has had an effect in some areas where their protest numbers have dwindled. Sadly, the cops seem to mostly be protecting these fuckers.

11 Likes

So Good Chefs Kiss GIF by Your Happy Workplace

13 Likes