Angry protestors at Drag Story Hour in NYC end up bloody and arrested

“I came here to help, not get the shit beat out of me,” he cried.

Fascist street thugs ain’t what they used to be.

24 Likes

Honestly, they never really were. They always used larger numbers to seem more terrifying than they were. They rarely will step up to a fight if they know they’re outnumbered… it’s been like that since the days of the rise of the racist skinheads and that’s not changed.

31 Likes

Remember Edgar Maddison Welch? He did prison time because he fired a gun in a crowded restaurant when he couldn’t find the trafficked children the pizzagate “theorists” claimed he’d find in the non-existent basement of Comet Ping Pong in DC. I think he got out a couple years ago.

Every movement like this has its share of people who buy into the propaganda without realizing the point is just to hurt the scapegoat.

19 Likes

Counterprotesters could be heard in the background shouting: “Go back to Long Island”

Glad to see New Yorkers never passing up a chance to slam on Long Island :joy:

19 Likes

I’m talking more about the originals from Europe in the 1920s and 1930s. Those creeps took an almost masochistic delight in ending up bloodied and bruised when they stepped out to promote their rotten ideology.

As for the modern bunch of sad sacks, this can’t be repeated often enough:

Big counter-protests always send them scuttling back to their basements.

15 Likes

Part of their initiation is getting punched in the torso, but not in the face, by friends. I’m guessing this gives them the impression that they can do well in a fight, but getting punched in the face / head is very different, and people who are not your friends hitting you is a very different experience.

26 Likes

Or perhaps Rikers Island?

12 Likes

These folks did not read the history about LGBT folk facing violence in NYC. They’re lucky one of them didn’t get a brick in the face.

24 Likes

Very different from the garden-variety wannabe thugs of today, who think it’s enough that they’ve seen Fight Club and not understood it.

12 Likes

Fishkill is closer to SingSing.

9 Likes

The fascist bozos apparently didn’t follow popular culture in the 1990s either.

Seriously, how stupid does one have to be to travel from the burbs into Manhattan – let alone the West Village – to hold a pro-fascist protest?

17 Likes

Though it should be noted that most Black folks would have had the mask ripped off during a typical arrest. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

I’ve been told that the book is far better for understanding it. I’m not sure I want to invest the time.

9 Likes

Real talk; the first Pride at Stonewall was a riot… literally.

33 Likes

I want to see the PEZ dispenser that fits into!

12 Likes

I enjoyed it years ago, in my 20’s and scrambling to connect ideals and pop culture. It may not have aged well.

3 Likes

so punching nazis in the face is a thing

2 Likes

You might be shocked to learn that my grandfather not only punched nazis, he also shot them, and on at least on occasion attacked one with a bayonet.

32 Likes

Since 1920.

22 Likes

For a long time. Sometimes more than one in a go.

The Mighty Atom was deeply offended by anti-Semitism. He was in New York in 1938 when he spotted a sign stating, “No Dogs or Jews Allowed.” He ripped it down off of the building, and 20 Nazi sympathizers went on the attack. The strongman held nothing back and hospitalized eighteen of the men.

Police arrested him for assault, but when he went to court to defend himself, the judge didn’t believe he alone had defended himself against such a large gang. The case was dismissed.

32 Likes