Angry voice mail from Boing Boing reader

He’s got to be putting you on. The way he says “you must be some kind of commie” is just too perfect. If not, just wow.

And please add me to the list of people who’d like the phone number for the BoingBoing complaints department. In fact, maybe each poster could be issued their own complaints department and phone number?

3 Likes

My question is, can you explain why this is necessary, to post on a blog? Can you explain that?

Are you trying to–are you just subversive, some kind of commie, huh? Some kind of commie fuck?

Um, there’s no reason for this.

1 Like

In the age of SIP, one can have virtually unlimited phone numbers.

Damn, some people take internet forums WAY too fucking seriously.

I easily could argue that there’s “no reason” for a good 80% of all the content on the entirety of the internet… but I won’t, because I realize that content is still going to be there, no matter what my personal opinion of it may be.

Getting so upset about it is completely pointless.

5 Likes

That guy sounds so high. I have to say, I’m disappointed in him.

1 Like

No. They delete comments that are harassing, disrespectful, racist, or sexist…

7 Likes

Mine’s not what I expected. Should I be… disappointed?

15 Likes

Just from the posters dumb enough to get baited into a shouting match, wherein they say something stupid, get flagged down for it and flounce.

It’s a thing of beauty. :wink:

Can’t let those Commies besmirch the Land of the Free!

He just wants to see America great again or something…

1 Like

1 Like

And you know this how? Because I know what I’ve said that’s been disappeared.

What I wanna know is how he managed to stay so angry while being that stoned. And also why. I mean just cuz you can doesn’t mean it’s worth the effort.

1 Like

Old school disappointment.

Also, where can I leave a voice mail? I think BB posts would be even more interesting as recorded voice mails.

6 Likes

I don’t have a soundcloud account to test adequately but the Discourse magic will apparently embed soundcloud sounds. I suspect it will for other things also.

Man, you walked right into that one.

3 Likes

Scanning dollar bills is like overthrowing the government? I’m pretty sure people who counterfeit have better means and methods.

1 Like

I would say that typically the dragon does a very good job at moderation. I even know a few comments others posted in replies to me that have disappeared, but I got an email about them. I have no idea what you posted, but posts meant to inflame or harass with out adding to the conversation are targets. Things that go too far off topic in a not good way too.

FWIW, the moderation style is markedly improved in the last couple of years, IMHO.

4 Likes

Well, when you’ve got a good hate on, apparently it can’t be blunted, even by a… blunt.

3 Likes

I had no idea a central tenant of communism was counterfeiting bills.

2 Likes

Because I’ve been around here for quite a long while, actually.

2 Likes