Animated laughing sailors

I love those little guys!!

Um, that lipstick, those eyebrows… is my kinkdar working correctly?

6 Likes

Huge discount on nightmare fuel this week! Fuel more than five dolls for only $9.99!

4 Likes

You can see a similar one in Sebastian’s workshop in "Blade Runner."

6 Likes

I like the cut of your jib…
That was my first thought before reading the text (was thinking bedroom, but close enough).

8 Likes

In the bedroom you scare the bejeebus out of them and it’s done; in the living room you build the horror. They wake up, have to try and make sense of it, and then creep through the house to go find out what it is.

12 Likes

So this has not been posted yet?

Yeah a room full of those are a violation of the Geneva Convention if you ask me.

19 Likes

It would be better if they could waddle along like those wind up claptrap teeth.

5 Likes

They sell deplorables by the basket now?

5 Likes

Well, I would send them to beschizza first to get their faces Drumpfified…

6 Likes

My introduction to the Laughing Sailor was in an episode of The Prisoner. It (he?) was used to lend a creepy note to a carnival scene. I wonder if the Sailor was ever considered amusing, or if he was intended form the beginning to be discomforting. I visited a website featuring old English penny-arcade devices and was surprised by things like coin-activated graveyards and a “working guillotine.” Has anyone written a cultural history of these things?

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been trying to recall what the David S. Pumpkins skeleton dancers reminded me of.

6 Likes

My friend and his wife once received one of these monstrositites from the friend’s mom:

They appear to be young children playing hide and seek, and my buddy made sure that the doll they received went into the guest room (where it scared the shit out of me that night).

9 Likes

Second least fun time for me.

4 Likes

Speaking of creepy dolls - sweet Jesus, this one is for sale on a face book group for only $100.

11 Likes

I’m gamemastering tonight. I may just keep this on hand for getting into the right headspace…

7 Likes

I am running a game where the players are revisiting Ravenloft 10 years after the mist lifted. A little gypsy girl named Misha who has some inherent powers, including starting fires with her mind, joined the party.

I showed them this pic so they knew what she looks like, and now everyone thinks she is evil and doesn’t trust her…

8 Likes

I imagen this is what hell looks like.
An infinite number of those.
All around you.
Going on forever.

4 Likes

Guess I’m not sleeping tonight

3 Likes

Congrats. You just improved upon any of the black site inquisition methods.

8 Likes

I’m going to buy some, dress them as drag queens and put them around Mike Pence’s place in DC.

11 Likes