Annoyed pregnant woman purposely trips little boy and gives him a concussion

Human interest.

If you’re a human (and not a raccoon) and it didn’t interest you, why not just continue clicking on by? Surely BB’s many posts contain some things that you would consider wonderful.

15 Likes

dontbeahater

17 Likes

But, but… it’s just so easy!

8 Likes

I guess I’m just disappointed in the quality of some of the posts lately. There are lots of good ones which is why I keep coming back, but as far as I can tell the only point of this one is so that people will come in here and talk about what big jerks some people are. Is anyone seriously going to post anything else? Just seems like a negative, downward spiral.

3 Likes

Feel free; pretty much all members have the ability to make posts.

15 Likes

I meant post a comment, not an article.

That’s just what passes for entertainment around here.

2 Likes

Just seems like a negative, downward spiral.

Maybe, but we’re a smart and varied bunch, so different things usually happen. And in this case, some parents or future parents might get some ideas for what to do if such a terrible thing were to happen to their child.

9 Likes

I’m a wee bit confused.

You just stated:

So… is your disappointment with the site and the content they’ve been posting recently, or with the comments that members of the forum make in response?

Either way, my point remains the same; you have a choice about what content you read and what sites you frequent, no one is forcing your hand.

7 Likes

Exactly. Sometimes the most Wonderful Things are found behind the curtain.

6 Likes

is your disappointment with the site and the content they’ve been posting recently, or with the comments that members of the forum make in response?

Either way, my point remains the same; you have a choice about what content you read and what sites you frequent, no one is forcing your hand.

The former. IMO the only purpose of the article was for everyone to agree what a jerk that lady was, rabble rabble. Without looking, my sense is that this type of pitchfork rustling is on the rise (and not just here). I like BB and plan to stick around. I’m just raising my concern as a member of the community. In reply, you’re basically telling me “If you don’t love BoingBoing just as it is, keep your comments to yourself and there’s the door.” :-/

1 Like

Then perhaps this just isn’t the community for you.

I’m not trying to be mean or tell you what to do, but the reality is that you cannot change other people.

And boing boing is often rife with snark, petty one-upmanship, know-it-alls and pretentious windbags… but at the same time, its also populated with wonderfully witty, bizarre, intelligent people.

For me the ‘pros’ far outweigh the ‘cons’, so that’s why I’m still here.

11 Likes

We’ve got a list for that but it’s been a while since it’s been updated.

(Dang, did I just add myself to the list for expressing disappointment about infrequent updates?)

11 Likes

People have to realize that there’s always a camera now.

These are the days of miracle and wonder
This is the long distance call
The way the camera follows us in slo-mo
The way we look to us all

5 Likes

I’m seeing more and more of these “people behaving badly in China” videos. Given how regulated speech is in that country I always wonder “why am I seeing this?” and “how might this help serve the interests of an authoritarian state?”

My preliminary answers are: China wants you to know someone is always watching. And they want their citizens to police each other.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Or maybe “China” just doesn’t care who distributes or sees such videos.

2 Likes

their your senses. They work on what you point your own nose towards, so how come we gotta take responsibility for em?

3 Likes

and it if wasn’t IT IS NOW.

3 Likes

“Wonderful” is subjective.

I do believe that BB continues to be a DoWT that may be read as desired… or not. Up to the reader.

:slight_smile:

7 Likes