Annoyed pregnant woman purposely trips little boy and gives him a concussion

Oh yes, I can see how this would be perfect moral outrage communal witch hunt material in China just as well as anywhere else.
Biologistic (a word?) primal anger paired with a feeling of righteousness and being part of the movement to rectify it. I’m also going to throw in the term ‘whiteknighting’ here

Boy is her Citizen Score going to suck now.

6 Likes

are there any moral outrages which don’t lead to these ‘witch hunts’ you speak of. Where are your limits for other peoples bad behavior? When should there be consequences? Are you sure you’re not making more room for awful behavior with your !whiteknighting?

First thing that came to mind was this:

Demons Assholes are prowling everywhere nowadays…

2 Likes

There was the myth of fingerprints
I’ve seen them all,
and man are all the same

Well, the sun gets weary
And the sun goes down

Ever since the watermelon

And the lights come up
On the black pit town

Somebody says what’s a better thing to do

Well, it’s not just me
And it’s not just you

It is all around the web.

3 Likes

As a native English speaker, I would think that “tackling” would normally infer grappling with the target, rather than tripping. So the following is what I would call a tackle.

2 Likes

Ouch. I’d say that’s a penalty and a red card right there. And in the front of the posts too…

Someone’s getting a talking to from the coach about excessive enthusiasm :slight_smile:

A soccer tackle is I think what is referred to although if simply tripping a player up counts as a ‘fair’ tackle, I’ve been subject to uncountable shamefully bad calls from referees.

I was always a terrible soccer player.

1 Like

The angry, red-faced cry of many a footie player, “But, ref, I was going for the ball!”

2 Likes

Yes, I’d call that a tackle too. Do you mean native UK English speaker, as I am a native English speaker too, but American.

We have the American football and it is tackles all day long. Tripping is illegal.

So you’re saying in Soccer if a player trips another intentionally they call it a tackle?

1 Like

No, I’m saying they don’t.

I, in my soccer playing days, would quite often accidentally trip up fancy-dan showboats who annoyed me by whirling the ball past me.

Genuinely accidental or at least due to incompetence rather than malice.

Their showoffy skills were such that I genuinely had no idea where the ball was or what they were doing it with it so I’d just vaguely stab a leg out in the general direction I guessed they were going and hope.

Sometimes I’d get the ball, sometimes I’d get the man, often I’d get neither.

Either of the first two would do for me but only the first would be a legal tackle.

For a country that claims to love soccer as much as the UK does, it is remarkable how little coaching it is possible to receive while still playing a lot of football.

I think that’s one of the reasons England football fans always seem so bewildered and disappointed when the national team doesn’t magically win every game.

3 Likes

I’m sure she’ll be an upstanding mother.

It depends which team the player is on. Some teams get a bit more leeway than others :wink:

PS: Yes, I meant a “Native UK English Speaker”, sorry, I forgotten about our common tongue.

2 Likes

Ah, the life of a fullback. And I mean “soccer” football.

1 Like

2 Likes

But, WE won the one that mattered!

moore

2 Likes

And almost as incendiary.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.