Anonymous Trump official: Don't worry, America, us unelected nameless GOP hacks have quietly executed a coup

This has been playing in my head today.

NOTE: I am not Stimpy in this scenario.

12 Likes

That entire admin can go fuck themselves with a rusty spiked iron mace; they are all fully complicit in 45’s fuckery because they willingly took the job, thinking that they could control the Pumpkin-stein Monster they helped create.

27 Likes
13 Likes

Funny how nobody ever is the bad guy in their own story. I read the anonymous functionary’s words and all I see is an co-dependent enabler, who needlessly prolongs the inevitable by plugging leaks in the hull with his fingers

24 Likes

I’m pretty sure there’s some kind of Spaceballs joke in this statement.

13 Likes

There’s only so much shit that boat can hold. Have we finally reached a tipping point?

seNqlS8

7 Likes

“He’s grossly unfit to be president! He’s crazy! He should be removed from office, immediately!”
“So what are you doing about it?”
“We’re keeping him in office so we can play secret president.”
“Wow, how… noble of you.”

I dunno. At this point, these kinds of revelations just make me say, “Yeah, so?” I mean, we knew Trumpie was an ignorant, idiot child, not right in the head, surrounded by those who held him in contempt and were doing whatever they could to manipulate him and keep him from going off the rails. If this is someone “who wants to look good when it’s all over,” which I think it is, it’s because they recognize this administration is widely seen as a morally bankrupt and indefensible. They’re seeing an end coming to this administration (and soon), and they’re worried about what’s going to happen to them, jobless and widely loathed. I’m actually somewhat heartened by this.

If Trump’s out of office, it’s still Pence moving the GOP agenda forward. So it’s really about the White House aides not wanting to give up the power that’s fallen in their laps. It’s not like, under current conditions, Pence be any worse than Trump at advancing the GOP agenda - he knows what he’s doing and he can actually work with the rest of the party. The lack of popular support for him doesn’t impact that at all.

A month ago I found that possibility more likely. But now, too much dirt seems to be piling up. I think if he survives to the election, he’ll be buried under it. If the democrats take control, I don’t think they’ll have the option to ignore it, even if they wanted to.

18 Likes

Especially not an entitled white male, which I’d wager this factotum is.

389487151-michael-douglas-divorce|nullxnull

18 Likes

He’s laying the groundwork for becoming president himself obviously.

In the case of impeachment, this lets him distance himself from Trump. Or, it sets him up for a run in 2020.

This article hit the bullseye, though. Trump is pissed, and I kind of wonder if he’s going to go after Pence next.

6 Likes

Not so fast…

'Pence, who has been careful never to utter a negative word about the president, whether in public or in front of Republicans in Congress, seems unlikely, however. And the incredibly leaky Trump administration also has a tic that could rule him out: some leakers like to borrow other people’s favorite expressions in order to “cover their tracks,” as one told Axios this May. “I usually pay attention to other staffers’ idioms and use that in my background quotes. That throws the scent off me,” he or she said." -QZ

28 Likes

That’s a fun read. It’s almost certainly not what it claims to be–an attempt to reassure Americans that everything will be ok.

One statement I believe to be true: “Most [senior officials] are working to insulate their operations from his whims.”

That worries me because those operations will remain insulated from future administrations. It dilutes the power of the executive to run the government, forever.

5 Likes

I’m looking at my lodestar right now :wink:

6 Likes

Update: an unusual word in the article, “lodestar,” [is a favorite of Vice President Mike Pence]”

If I were the author; I’d try implicate Pence in this too.

OTOH, Pence is the one administration official that Trump can’t fire; and the one most likely to profit from Trump leaving.

20 Likes

That was my first though when hearing about “lodestar.” This regime is full of backstabbing ratf*ckers looking take their rivals out. This trick reeks of someone with an intel background.

24 Likes

Clue - trump edition.

KellyAnne wrote it in the West Wing hallway with a Dell.

hqdefault

8 Likes

ewww… 

12 Likes

I have, since a few months into Trump’s presidency, when rumor of heated arguments began leaking out, had sanity-sustaining daydreams of the various factions of the White House staff coming to blows, cracking each other on the head with busts of national heroes, maybe a little gunfire.

And the Secret Service guys standing outside the door to the Oval Office, stone faced, waiting for the screams to die down before venturing inside.

This admittedly fanciful scenario suddenly seems less crazy.

If it does come to pass, I hope Stephen Miller is the first casualty.

26 Likes

The more I think about it, the more I think this article is a surgical strike on Trump’s fragile psyche. He’s flipping out on Twitter right now, which probably means he’s flipping out inside the White House as well. The article may provoke him into crisis, and trigger a 25th Amendment removal. And then we get our lodestar, President Pence.

The President of the United States of America just tweeted:

Does the so-called “Senior Administration Official” really exist, or is it just the Failing New York Times with another phony source? If the GUTLESS anonymous person does indeed exist, the Times must, for National Security purposes, turn him/her over to government at once!

7 Likes

God, every time someone thwarts him, he yells “treason.” He thinks he’s the state. Jesus.

10 Likes

In this sense, definitely:

15 Likes