Anonymous Trump official: Don't worry, America, us unelected nameless GOP hacks have quietly executed a coup

No. I’m comfortable with my sexuality and this is a hard no.

5 Likes

Oh noes! Staffers are having to cover for the fact that the president is a dummy!

My sympathy is tempered by the fact that it was their cunning plan all along. That was the plan: Pump up the anti-immigrant xenophobia echo chamber through various groups, then have their dummy play the racist/xenophobe card and ride it into the white house, then let staffers do everything.

Except that their dummy was supposed to be Ted Cruz. Instead they got a real racist/xenophobe dummy who grabbed that card and used it himself.

Their real complaint is that their dummy isn’t a human sloth who’ll let them run things without interference.

17 Likes

Bring back heels for men in power!

That’ll…that’ll fix everything.

7 Likes

The erratic behavior would be more concerning if it weren’t for unsung heroes in and around the White House. Some of his aides have been cast as villains by the media. But in private, they have gone to great lengths to keep bad decisions contained to the West Wing, though they are clearly not always successful.

“Imagine how much worse [historical atrocity] would have been if not for all the unsung heroes in [tyrannical monster]'s inner circle who tried to temper his bad decisions.”

Sorry, if you want a statue and a place in the history books you are going to have to do better than “welp, I told him I wasn’t a fan of that idea.”

28 Likes

No dude; with the aforementioned rusty spiked mace.

It would be fitting if they all killed each other off in a huge battle royale.

16 Likes
14 Likes

This is Hillary’s best gaslighting Evah!!!

6 Likes

I just had to find out what that gif was about, and I’m not sorry that I did. :wink:

edited to replace a word

12 Likes

I’m kind of hoping it turns out to be Ivanka.

15 Likes

“Supremacy of the military” should have a check (unless you think you could walk unmolested down any street in America wearing a T-shirt saying “most US soldiers aren’t heroes”). It’s debatable whether “Controlled mass media” should be checked; Fox News is already America’s biggest news source, and for most of those who watch it, there is no other.

Yeah

The smart money, regardless, says it’s not real, and the NYT’s imprimatur is, distressingly, not what it was even a year ago (see: embassy microwave attacks, sympathetic actual-Nazi magazine profile, Twitter-as-universal-primary-source, etc.)

Then people will have to give up the last shreds of the hope which it already looks pretty naive to have.

If even a relatively small proportion of Republican senators decided to acknowledge reality, then Turmp could be impeached and the consensus of history could reflect that a terrible mistake was made. Most Republican voters would, if grudgingly, accept that. But if that doesn’t happen, and it seems that it won’t, then the Republican half of the US population will be a full-blown, I-am-not-speaking-hyperbolically fascist movement for as long as it exists. I guess it’d take a couple of decades to die out through demographic attrition, during which time full-fascist GOP candidates would repeatedly wield horrifying amounts of political power.

6 Likes

Like I said. I’m open minded but it’s still a hard no. :wink:

1 Like

THIS!
“We didn’t want to create a constitutional crisis, so instead we just threw the whole damn document out.”

17 Likes

He always strikes me as more along the lines of:

20 Likes

Not to mention:

9 Likes

15 Likes

Pence is the one who would benefit the most from the early departure of Trump. At this point he is known only as a blindly loyal idiot lapdog. If he achieves the title of president, he will be worse than the orange clown. Trump has no agenda and just enacts the policies of those who flatter him. Pence is a crazy fundie believer who thinks that Jesus hates the poor and wants a theocratic authoritarian to take freedoms that offend him from America.

8 Likes

???

Was that supposed to be animated? I get it, but I doubt most will.

5 Likes

It occurred to me that the author might be Stephen Miller. Grandiose speechwriting, elevated self-importance, Grima Wormtongue-esque telling an imagined audience an image of adults in the room he wishes to portray, while simultaneously presenting to Trump and the public, and image of utmost loyalty to Trump. If Trump survives, no harm, if Trump falls, he may intend this as his insurance policy, so that he has some (im)plausible deniability that he was actually doing as much harm as he seemed to be.

4 Likes

Couldn’t find a gif or video. While my google-fu failed me, I appreciate that at least one person understood. It’s a bit of a deep dive, and don’t know that the young-uns would recognize it.

5 Likes

Having another slice of schadenfreude pie tonight, because Bwahhahahah HAHAHha hahahah oh jeeze.

13 Likes