Anti-circumcision activist pepper sprays a man threatening him with a knife

I wouldn’t let my dildo collection really get into that sort of trouble, I look after it.

10 Likes

yep. both groups rehensibly use outdated religious ideology as justification for circumcision of either gender. it is f’ed up. The “medical” rational isn’t medically supported, and is the justification, not the motivation, for this behaviour, period, full stop. it is possible to be against BOTH.

14 Likes

Maintenance matters!

5 Likes

:slight_smile: I get that. I’ve loved Joseph Gilgun since Misfits. I’d watch pretty much anything with him in it for the brilliant quirky moments he brings to the screen. Some specific things, like space shows, or comic adaptations, get an extra pass from my brain because they contain something I specifically like enough to give them a little extra leighway with the rest.

2 Likes

Me either, but I think what we’re seeing is just the tip of the iceberg

8 Likes

Well my mom instilled the value of always taking care of my toys, so I appreciate your comment.

9 Likes

Nathan Young, or GTFO.

7 Likes

Misfits had three seasons. I can’t be convinced otherwise.

5 Likes

Probably even worse than that.

The use of a surprise stabbing as a moderately effective(and logistically much easier) alternative to shootings or bomb attacks is common enough that I’d expect the local security forces to be pretty jumpy about it.

Most of them are probably on the lookout for less jewish looking perpetrators; but when presented with overwhelming evidence of the ‘you pulling a knife’ flavor all but the most inflexible will likely assume that stabbing incident protocol applies; which is the point where you’ve brought a knife to a gunfight.

3 Likes

Turns out, that’s a ratio of length to diameter, not specifically a description of how ornate (or minimal) the capital is.

And I’m never going to look at Classical Greek pillars the same after this…

6 Likes

It’s ok, just remember they were inspired by a bundled stack of reeds.

7 Likes

Can’t we just agree that the nonconsensual mutilation of the genitals of either sex is wrong without getting into a discussion of which is worse? Male circumcision absolutely does cause “irreversible damage in sensitivity”. The comparison to FGM is not intended to downplay or minimize the damage of that “procedure”, but to illustrate the hypocrisy of the legal and cultural environment and rationalization around MGM/circ in North America and elsewhere. It’s not even a religious thing for many North Americans; “looking like dad” seems to be enough rationalization for many people to do irreversible nonconsensual surgery on their infants.

8 Likes

Ooh, ooh, I know this one!!

7 Likes

Etymology is a fascinum…I MEAN ROLLER COASTER!!!

(Look, all I ask is a room near George Carlin and Bill Hicks with a scenic view of the River Styx.)

6 Likes

huh? it’s my understanding prep helps stop transmission of HIV, not stop HIV from moving on to AIDS - I think you may be thinking of the drug cocktails they have now to reduce viral load.

(PrEP could possibly stop you from getting other infections since there’s actually multiple strains of HIV)

2 Likes

Thanks to the redditor that i’m quoting.

4 Likes

I only acknowledge the first two.

4 Likes

Totally joking. It makes me happy when other people call it what it is. In my culture, it’s used to damage the nerves, making sex less pleasurable for men.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t even try to compare the two, but that doesn’t mean circumcision isn’t mutilation. It’s basically amputating some of the most sensitive skin and nerves from a non-consenting baby, reducing future sexual pleasure, and increasing risks of disfigurement, and disfunction.

On average, males who are circumcised have more trouble maintaining an erection and reaching climax, which is the point of it:

In Guide for the Perplexed , Maimonides explains that the main purpose of circumcision is to repress sexual pleasure, (Maimonides - Wikipedia)

4 Likes

I should think it would be a nonce order– commissioned especially for someone who thinks themselves so terribly clever as not to be bound by social convention.

Well, actually, have you seen mine?