Anti-mask students in Michigan are urged by parents to push into school

I thought that’s what America’s ‘school cops’ were for. You know, ‘touching’ children - violently.

6 Likes

You say “dumb”, I say “principled”. We may not say it often enough, but we appreciate you and others like you who put up with all the deniers and idiots who are trying to undo what you’re struggling to do. Please don’t let it overwhelm you.

13 Likes

I’m not a parent and I won’t claim intimate familiarity with schools as they operate now.

But as someone who was once sent home for wearing pants that were overly casual on casual Friday, I feel like you can make wearing a mask a condition of getting in the door and send people home who aren’t in one.

12 Likes

Yesterday my friend who is a Early Childhood Educator (Parents as Teachers program) told me that 4 different teachers in her [fairly small] elementary school have approached her team to say this is their last year, they can’t do this any more, and it is 100% no-questions-asked because of the PARENTS behavior. Angry emails, screaming (literally screaming) at them over voicemail, general high levels of hate and aggression being directed at these poor teachers over a decision that is coming down from the local County Health and Safety board. 'Cause yeah…of COURSE those individuals teachers have anything to do with it.

The worst? Every one of these mother fuckers are showing VERY much how little they care about their kids. They are driving off educators, burning them out, and making this year SO MUCH WORSE than anything 2020 school year </insert Medical Community reference here>. Add to this the anti-vax, anti-mask, know-nothing Satchels of Richards pushing to replace school board members, knowledgeable people who want to make the schools the best they can be, with people who are single issue “No Mask” candidates.

14 Likes

FTFY. Very important qualifier

15 Likes

I taught my sons that the reason men have beards is so we have to look ourselves in the mirror from time to time. Silly, I agree, but it makes the point that being able to examine yourself and respect what you see matters.

4 Likes

Darwin was more selective in his younger days.

3 Likes

17 Likes

I was going to say - march them to the principles office after entering, give them one more chance to comply, and then give them a weeks suspension. That is how it would work with other violations.

9 Likes

“We’re not sheep, and Invermectin will save us…go inside”, so sayeth the sheepherder in the video. /s

11 Likes

That’s something, I guess, but dress-code violators are normally just sent straight home. Which seems appropriate here, as their parents are obviously the ones egging them on, and they should be inconvenienced as a result.

Yeah, though it’s not like they don’t know they’re breaking the rules, especially with someone standing right there telling them so. Immediate suspension seems fair and appropriate.

9 Likes

Time to arrest all those kid’s parents lmao.

Probably they’ll all get covid in jail too.

4 Likes

The parents are basically weaponizing their children, using them as shields to hide behind as they wield them to exercise their ideology. The officials can’t enforce anything because they’d have to physically restrain the kids - in front of the parents. Lawsuit city, crippling optics. This is the evil of no-consequences culture.

13 Likes

Get the compliant ones to upgrade their masks and someone can just deploy the tear gas. /s

The annoying problem is these are the kids that need to be educated. I am not sure the possible object lesson of a contagion in an enclosed space while they were all in the same room is the way to go.

5 Likes

Selfish idiots can’t stand the monsters they have raised, need them in school to have some peace.

4 Likes

Yup.
That cop was so irritating. At the very least, he should have been recording the names of all the adults there, and the stated reasons of why they were on school grounds inciting a mob.

7 Likes

Well, yeah, that’s why I’m actually kind of happy with how the school handled it. They didn’t call the school cop over and nobody got shot. And yeah, as docosc says, if only they could apply that behavior to all the kids and not just the white ones, we’d have something going.

3 Likes

Its very important to Biffs that their children grow up to be Biffs.

4 Likes

Where are the CPS reports? Those parents are endangering their children, and endangering the other kids at the school as well. If I had a kid at that school, I sure as hell wouldn’t want those idiots coughing on her. Surely endangering a kid’s health and risking death or lifelong disability is CPS-worthy?

2 Likes

They shouldn’t have given those kids independent study. They should have had a science teacher give them a daily six-hour lecture on viruses, the history of pandemics, etc. Jam all the science and facts into their brains, and then they’ll go home and start countering their parent’s bs.

6 Likes