Anti-masker harasses librarian but she holds her own

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2022/01/25/anti-masker-harasses-librarian-but-she-holds-her-own.html

15 Likes

“You’re just following orders, that’s the problem!” Yeah, that’s right, wearing masks is equivalent to Nazis running concentration camps. Fucking moron.

Do we know where in Illinois this is? As a resident myself, I’m curious

38 Likes

The most shocking thing about this story is that there is an anti-masker that’s interested in reading a book.

62 Likes

Librarians are bad ass, very dangerous people. They hold the key to all that knowledge that certain elements of society would prefer to be lost and forgotten. Very dangerous indeed.

67 Likes

You are making a very big assumption. If that were the case, I suspect he would not be recording the whole interaction. This is for likes.

36 Likes

She brave, but she should not have had to go through this. Protecting a library from assholes should not be part of the job description of a librarian (but it unfortunately is). Thankfully, this man wasn’t violent, but there was no way of knowing that beforehand. I hope her day got better after this.

50 Likes

Perhaps he is there to start making a list of books he wants banned?

19 Likes

Probably just free Paw Patrol dvds.

15 Likes

“you’re making a choice”, “you should think about that”…

Are these people unable to hear themselves?

28 Likes

Stop wearing seatbelts like the government tells you! You’re just following orders! Seatbelts are Nazi straps! Stop driving with the flow of traffic and start driving on the wrong side of the road! You’re just following orders! I’m protected by the blood of the lamb. If god wants me to die in a head on collision, then it’s just my time!

25 Likes

Like a comedy sketch, only a really bad one.

8 Likes

I wonder if he recognizes the authority of the German Shepherd puppy with a badge.

9 Likes

He’s not.

10 Likes

Forget covid, why wouldn’t anyone respect an older person working in a library for your benefit and just put on a mask for her safety. Even if you firmly believed masks don’t work just put it on because she asked you to.

Maybe I was brought up differently but I was taught to respect others especially my elders.

29 Likes

This guy is an asshole, but “tantrum”? I don’t see a tantrum in the video.

Did I say this guy is an asshole? Because this guy is an asshole.

10 Likes

It’s a shame… that his daughter has to be seen in public with him.

18 Likes

I spent a month in Barcelona. Old ladies run that city. They sit on balconies and observe, they whack you with a cane if you don’t yield properly on a sidewalk or metro.

The comedy seems related to a tiny frail librarian standing up to a belligerent entitled parent. Surely this isn’t her first rodeo.

18 Likes

Old folks are gangster AF, I know this because I roll with them.

Old Woman Vintage GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario

36 Likes

The only personal choice being made here is the maskhole’s choice not to wear a mask. Freedom of choice is not freedom from consequences. He makes the choice not to wear a mask, he faces the consequences of not being able to access services.

25 Likes

It’s so bananas that he not only did this, but he recorded and shared the video thinking it made him look like the reasonable one? Dude sounds like he’s about to break into tears because an elderly librarian is politely asking him to comply with the local health code. If he thought this would make him look like a pillar of strength and resolve he miscalculated badly.

35 Likes