Anti-masker harasses librarian but she holds her own

Someone on Twitter found this guy’s profile and he’s from St. Charles. Not sure about the library.

9 Likes

don’t mess with librarians, man.

24 Likes

Also, f*** these anti-maskers subjecting their children to their idiocy and using them as props/human shields.

28 Likes

I hope the jerk’s daughter learned something really important in the library that day.

15 Likes
13 Likes

They already have a list; it’s getting passed around, as is the specific language to use for challenges.

13 Likes

Speaking as a librarian, and seeing the age of that colleague, she likely has decades of experience dealing with this crap, and probably much worse.

34 Likes

I think the librarian served as a better role model for the girl than her father.

22 Likes

“You’re just following orders”

Yes! That’s literally what she just told you! How can you both get it and completely not get it at the same time?!

There’s an increasing loss in the concept of respect for a person “just doing their job” simply because it inconveniences one’s newly affected (specious) “beliefs”.

/s
“I’m just doing my job.”
“How dare you just do your job! You should do what I want you to do, not what you’ve been employed to do!”
/s

7 Likes

Agreed, the complete obliviousness of these people in posting their self-owns for the rest of the world to mock relentlessly is truly befuddling and astounding.

12 Likes

We’re not the audience the video-maker cares about. The audience he cares about will 100% see this as a poor embattled man who just wants to use the library but is defeated by the forces of irrationality and authoritarianism.

23 Likes

I realy hate to agree, but you are completely correct. And that gentleman is an asshole,

19 Likes

There are those that target people who are smaller, older and female for bullying. They only “respect” people who are bigger and meaner than they are. I’ve been at the receiving end of this kind of thing all my life, being a fairly petite woman.

18 Likes

I admire her for sticking to her reason for insisting on a mask. If she had tried to engage in his arguments, refute what he was saying, point out his cluelessness, come up with additional logical arguments, or whatever, it would not have been half as effective as her just standing her ground. She won through restraint. Of course people in this guy’s camp wouldn’t see it that way, because they, like he, are poo-poo heads.

6 Likes

Yeah, you could decide that wearing a mask is “not a big deal” too there, buddy.

Yeah, we have a number of anti-maskers recording themselves going into businesses they admit they had no intention of ever patronizing, just so they could have a conflict. It’s unfortunately common.

The American right became fully self-parodying a few years ago.

Oh, his voice definitely shifts into a petulant whine.

The whole of post-Trump conservatism seems to involve them doing a complete reversal of what they consider reasonable, moral, sane, etc. compared to everyone else. The result is the entire right engaging in constant self-owns while feeling really smug about it, and watching it does my head in.

Because turning “following guidelines (that are reasonable)” into “following orders” allows anti-maskers to pretend the other side are equivalent to literal Nazis. Because they somehow think it’s reasonable to equate being asked to wear a mask with the Holocaust. It’s a special kind of cognitive dysfunction.

13 Likes

That sweet lady is old enough to be your mother twice over. For shame!

bill murray comedy GIF

13 Likes

I thought he was the one just mindlessly following orders - the order to not cooperate with public safety because it fabricates a reason to accuse Democrats of taking away “liberties”. Those are the only orders I’ve heard of. Public Safety Policies are not orders.

9 Likes

You have to wonder why this guy thought posting this on the internet would win him kudos. They truely are blind to how bad they look to the rest of the community.

5 Likes

Oh man, they do read, but it’s limited to whatever Christian non-fiction that’s being pushed by the SBC publishing arm or whatever.

4 Likes

100% agreed on that last point.

4 Likes