Anti-masker harasses librarian but she holds her own

Apparently this fine person makes a habit of cruising around looking for places to espouse his views on wearing masks and complain about public policy regarding said protective gear.

12 Likes

I hate Illinois nazis.

19 Likes

It’s a shame he doesn’t care whether his own daughter catches the plague. It’s a shame he wants the same for the nice ladies at the library. Let’s hope his daughter is/will be nothing like him, and that he’s into ivermectin.

15 Likes

Same.

21 Likes

We all do!

15 Likes

I don’t see anyone complaining when the library makes you wear shoes, a shirt and pants.

9 Likes

I was a public librarian in Texas for more than 30 years, and we had to put up with nonsense like this on an almost daily basis. There was always someone with a gripe of some sort, and you figured out pretty quickly that you just had to stand your ground (and hope that management would back you up).

CITY COUNCILMAN’S WIFE: “Do you know who I am?”
ME: “Yes, ma’am. You’re the person with 20 children’s books that are more than seven weeks overdue. As soon as they’re returned, you can check out these books that you’ve chosen today.”

WHINER: “That person took all of the coupons from the Sunday paper.”
ME: “And prevented you from doing the same thing?”

BOOK BANNER: “Why do you allow children to check out anything they want?”
ME: “Because we’re librarians, not babysitters. If you want control over what your kids read, stay here with them instead of treating the library like free daycare.”

I finally retired when the city knuckled under to the state and started allowing openly carried firearms in the building, including children’s storytimes.

28 Likes

What’s really amazing is that this dumbarse posted the video himself. He thinks harassing a librarian makes him look good. :-/

6 Likes

Every big man’s dream.

8 Likes

St. Charles, IL.

15 Likes

Yes indeed it does.

But a petulant whine does not a tantrum make.

Also, this guy is an asshole. Did I mention he’s an asshole? Because he’s an asshole.

3 Likes

We really, really, REALLY need a tracking program to follow these dumb-nuts/-oves so that we can be instantly notified when one of them seeks hospital admittance. And/or expires. In which case, also, there should be cake.

2 Likes

20 Likes

Well, Ivermectin birth control is a good start, but we need something that is more than 85% effective.

2 Likes

Yes, yes he does. And for his select group, it will. It’s just the rest of the universe that sees him as the asshole he actually is.

4 Likes

These days, political statements are an IQ test.

3 Likes

Are we sure that’s a thing?

5 Likes

We can’t do that because they’ve figured out the game of using the Bill Gates vaccines to secretly put the 5G chips into their blood.

3 Likes

a dear friend (and librarian) told me in 1969 “the very smart people? the took ALL the information in the world, and they locked it up, hidden away. … in books! with THIS library card, you can come in and look for that information whenever you want. Its free”

which, of course, helped with my lifelong love of reading.

RIP Mrs. Orrline Shippey, Head Librarian, Nicholson Memorial Library, Longview, Texas

She took no guff from no one. and this lad in Illinois would have had a stiff thwack with a ruler, then be told to go sit down

12 Likes

As a grandson of a librarian, I totally agree with this comment.

3 Likes