Anti-vaxxer Eric Clapton gets Covid and has to cancel shows

It’s how they deliver groceries around here.

16 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

5 Likes

This deserves more upticks.

1 Like
3 Likes

“Instant Karma gets you!” (LENNON 1984)

Welcome to Fox News every single day - when they’re not talking about CRT or “replacement theory”

BTW, no one is missing anything seeing Clapton live. We went a few years ago to his show at the Forum in LA. “Eh” is about all I can muster for the show. Gary Clark Jr was awesome, tho - as expected, I’d seen him before.
Clapton and band are all good musicians and dutifully plowed through the set list (same one every night), but man… He’s got such an awesome catalogue between his solo work, Derek and the Dominoes, Cream, etc… Set list was super boring. I wanted to leave when he sat down to play “Tears in Heaven”. That song should never be played publicly ever again under any circumstances where anyone might have to hear it.
My wife smoked a ton of weed after we had dinner with friends before the show, so she probably enjoyed it best.

4 Likes

Blah, blah, blah. Nice try but covid didn’t kill you, Jimi Hendrix did.

3 Likes

May the COVID Cough enhance his performances.

4 Likes

Obligs:

2 Likes

I wonder if he’s ever considered collaborating with Ted Nugent?

4 Likes

My sister gave me a signed copy of his cookbook: Kill It and Grill It a few years back. I took great pleasure in throwing it into the fireplace.

11 Likes

I guess you can say you killed it and grilled it.

11 Likes

Well done.

Crispy.

9 Likes

I’ll send him a get well card.

3 Likes

Aw, I feel kinda bad for the ghostwriter who actually wrote the book. Because it sure as hell was not written by Eric Clapton.

1 Like

Kill it and Grill it sounds more like a Nugent title.

I’m sorry, I’ve created confusion by mentioning Poopy Pants Ted upthread.

4 Likes

Well in that case, I doubt that Ted Nugent has even read the book.

3 Likes

The assholery is strong with this one.

3 Likes

Sometimes something petty and unimportant someone says really sticks in my mind. This time, it’s this:

No, Eric, the promotion of vaccines has been fairly overt.

8 Likes

Somehow he kept it pretty low key, despite being the inspiration for Rock Against Racisim when he went on stage in '76 and :

told the audience that Britain should “get the foreigners out, get the wogs out, get the coons out”, and then he repeatedly shouted the National Front slogan “Keep Britain White”.

Mind you, the same page has similar quotes from David Bowie which I’d not heard before (Bowie later disowned them).

5 Likes