Anti-vaxxer Eric Clapton gets Covid and has to cancel shows

Yuk, another memory ruined.

Sorry :frowning:
But at least you know now?

1 Like

Is the implication that he caught covid because he is unvaxxed? I am fully vaxxed and boosted and have caught covid twice. I guess if he dies a point can be made he would have likely survived but otherwise, this sanctimoniousness feels a bit premature.

Yep, sorta thanks.
Please don’t tell me Bowie is a git as well.

He’s had the first and second dose but not the booster, for what it’s worth.

1 Like

Now I’m even more confused. I guess I have to read up a bit more on this story.

He’s still an anti-vaxxer, which is hurting others. He can fuck off.

Not new knowledge in general, though, even if it’s new knowledge to you (and others). The whole Rock Against Racism music was because of his anti-immigrant comments in support of uber-racist Enoch Powell… That was in 76…

Ack! Jinx, @phuzz

coca-cola coca GIF

6 Likes

I’m not disputing that he’s an anti-vaxxer. I was responding to @Wassasa 's question.

3 Likes

Bob Saget Yes GIF by ABC Network

1 Like

Unfortunately, this – from 2020 – is part of the history.

2 Likes

I’m aware, thanks. Popular music history is my field… :+1:

2 Likes

Yep, valid point.
It is said you should never meet your heroes (though he was only a hero to a teenage me).
Perhaps our heroes should just shut themselves in boxes between concerts instead of sharing their vile opinions.
That may be harsh, or wrong, but, bollocks, I’m just depressed by the whole thing.

1 Like

Sometimes, it works out. But maybe we shouldn’t idealize people who do thinks we like and enjoy… they can never live up to the people we have in our heads. We all do it, of course, but maybe it’s something to push back against in ourselves and in the culture.

1 Like

Well, I was 17.
I am still idealistic, yet less hopeful nowadays.

1 Like

Sure. That was all of us at 17…

You’ve just gone from STar Trek: TOS to Star Trek: DS9! :grin: Reality does that to you. There is still hope to be had, but it comes more from the small acts of everyday people pushing back against all the oppression that is being pushed on all of us.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.