Racist anti-vaxxer Eric Clapton says he won't play in venues that require Covid vaccine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/07/22/racist-anti-vaxxer-eric-clapton-says-he-wont-play-in-venues-that-require-covid-vaccine.html

2 Likes

Is it okay to like Eric Clapton and Van Morrison music from before they revealed themselves as anti-vax?

25 Likes

will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present," Clapton said, per Rolling Stone. “Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.”

Uh huh. There is a provision made for all people to attend. Get the vaccine.

But that’s not your point, is it. Is “provision for all people” going to include ticket prices scaled by income? I doubt it.

I think the word is “wanker.”

Good luck. Clapton has a long-time history of racism as well.

25 Likes

“I wish to say that I will not”

Nobody cares you cranky old d-bag.

23 Likes

No, just Van Morrison.

16 Likes

Sure. Liking art != liking the artist and supporting all their personal views.

I don’t listen to Eric Clapton (or any artist or celebrity) for advice on vaccination or pandemics, the same way I don’t listen to Dr. Fauci about what music I should listen to.

18 Likes

Old man yells at cloud.

18 Likes

Duly noted.

11 Likes

Likely he’s a fan of Verdi’s Un Ballo in Maschera.

17 Likes

The old bigot should create his own venue: the whites-only Super(spreader) Dome.

11 Likes

I long ago realized that if I eliminated every person and company that I disagreed with, I would have to become totally self sufficient and I am nowhere near that. I do try to avoid the reprehensible ones though.

8 Likes

Slow Hand clap.

Thank you for a very genuine LOL.

15 Likes

Not 80’s era Prince?

17 Likes

Or you can just listen to J.J. Cale and Robert Johnson.

15 Likes

Strangely i had somehow avoided finding out about Clapton being a piece of shit until now. Then again i don’t listen to his music so there’s that, good to be given a legitimate excuse to continue ignoring his existence.

8 Likes

That’s how I am. I however try not to judge others too much when where they draw the line is different from where I do. Just because someone likes their art doesn’t mean they espouse, are sympathetic to, or even are indifferent to their views.

Common subjects of discussion: Marion Zimmer Bradley, Orson Scott Card, David Eddings, Roman Polaski, R. Kelly, Tom Cruise. All of them have produced some really great art that I really like, but all of them have done or said some really reprehensible things. I still love their art, and I still condemn the things they have done.

4 Likes

What, and miss virtuosic performances like this?

(I’ll use any excuse I can to share this video.)

11 Likes

Marion Zimmer Bradley? See, that’s why I hate coming here. I don’t want to know that.

4 Likes

Was everyone entitled to a refund?

4 Likes

…though Fauci doesn’t make a point of telling you he thinks your music tastes are shit whenever he’s asked about the pandemic.

15 Likes