Anti-Vaxxers' disregard for basic human safety also makes them lousy drivers

Same people who throw trash out the window, touch wet paint, and piss in swimming pools.

9 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Medical Research in Canada: How can they do it?

Some people say, “Never attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance.”

To them, I say, “Willful igorance is malice.”

14 Likes

No vax. No safety considerations. No condoms.

2 Likes

BINGO!!!

1 Like

This is the kind of correlation that raises car insurance premiums with a weird background check.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Medical Research in Canada: How can they do it?

It might be that older people are better drivers, as well as being more likely to get vaccinated because they’re older.

All we’re saying is that stopping at traffic lights should be a choice.

7 Likes

I simply refuse to be part of an experiment carried out by big traffic light.

8 Likes

Good point. :wink:

Perhaps instead of anti-social I should have said anti-society, which was the strict sense in which I was using that term. But just as hard to define, and prescribe the boundaries of.

2 Likes

A friend used to say that red traffic lights are merely advisory.

They advise you that going through them may result in death, injury, prosecution, jail, fines, loss of driving licence and so on.

7 Likes

Not on Ontario, where BF Doug doesn’t think you should pay more if you live in a high accident/theft area.

2 Likes

Statistically speaking, the oldest and youngest drivers are by far the most dangerous ones on the road if you normalize by miles driven. (Of course there are a lot more drivers under 20 than over 75 so the younger drivers cause more accidents overall.)

11 Likes

Inexperience and overconfidence (younger) and increased (often unrecognized) reaction time and overconfidence (older) are a real problem for drivers, especially in bad weather. But this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

11 Likes

If this study was done in the US, I would propose a subanalysis to see whether there is also a factor of correspondence of unvaccinated drivers and pickup truck ownership. Pickups are more difficult to control, take further to stop, and cause more damage in a collision.

Bonus points for lifted and otherwise modified vehicles.

13 Likes

This morning driving into work on slushy, icy, gross roads I had an asshole in a jacked up pick up who would roar up behind me and then drop back and roar up again like this would make me go faster. Dude, I grew up in WV. I know what this shit can do. You can pass or get behind, but you will not rush me. Never saw the driver, but would lay bets on the demographic.

16 Likes

Based on my highly unscientific study of my libertarian cousins, anti-vax idiocy, antimask idiocy, and anti-seatbelt idiocy absolutely do go together. One of them died because of the anti-seatbelt part of the ideology. So far, the anti-vax and anti-mask idiocy haven’t led to any deaths, but they’ve all had COVID multiple times and given it to elderly family members multiple times. The reasoning behind the anti-mask thing is exactly the same as the reasoning behind the anti-seatbelt thing - “Waaaaaah, this thing makes me uncomfortable and I don’t wanna wear it!” Toddler logic.

12 Likes

Surely we could find a natural way to make cars stop at intersections.

I simply don’t trust these traffic lights. There are plenty of people saying they’ve got microchips in them. Do your research.

9 Likes

Sadly, Poe’s Law could be declared here. We have reached the point where actual conspiracy stupid so vastly exceeds the capability of normal sarcasm as to have just about killed the art. As a dedicated practitioner, I mourn the loss…

mourn samantha colley GIF by National Geographic Channel

16 Likes