Anti-Vaxxers' disregard for basic human safety also makes them lousy drivers

RIP, Sarcasm!

Celebrate Rest In Peace GIF by Jason Clarke

16 Likes

I think that would be problematic to control as a variable, as those more likely to drive “macho” vehicles are also pretty much the same as those who refuse to get a needle in the arm. The overlap in the Venn diagram is pretty big.

It all boils down to selfishness, and petty disregard for others.

10 Likes

I preemptively mourn the loss of dry humor, which I think is the next logical victim of this stupid timeline.
When we can’t even agree on fundamental realities, the acerbic dry wit of New Engländers becomes more difficult to pull off.

8 Likes

I’m aware this is a joke, but it is actually something we need to strive to do. People are exceptionally bad at universally following safety laws. Physical infrastructures enforces itself. Neckdowns, chicanes, retractable bollards and roundabouts do better than speed limit signs and lights at enforcing the rules.

4 Likes

Somewhat related, a UK study into people who park their cars in the bays reserved for disabled drives or drivers with babies, without being disabled or having babies, showed a significant correlation with having a criminal record.

The general conclusion was that people who violate social rules on theft, etc, are liable to violate social rules on where you can park.

1 Like

direct link to paper

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.