Anti-vaxxers now stupidly gargling iodine and using it as eye drops to "fight off" COVID-19

Which means these fools will end up clogging the ER with broken legs and scalded throats.

13 Likes

< slightly off topic > do you have a good source for t2o ??? because i have erbium on order , and i am working on a tabletop particle accelerator
https://www1.grc.nasa.gov/space/science/lattice-confinement-fusion/

5 Likes

Do it with Sputnik V, while making sure that there is grey market importing going on. Hopefully they will get the Putin Vax then.

It’s far from a good solution, but it might work.

6 Likes

You sound like an elite, academic snob…we the people demand bromine!

/s

2 Likes

Sooooo far out of my territory. That said, I believe that NASA should be able to work something with Los Alamos. If nothing else they manage the whole nuclear isotope inventory (don’t ask how I know this.) Also possibly Sandia Labs, where some people interested in small accelerators work. And, no, of course I’m not going to name names.

However, both labs do publish quite a bit of unclassified research so you could track from that.

Additionally, the National Accelerator School program might be more than a bit helpful.

5 Likes

There are all engineers aren’t they? (Apologies to vax loving engineers everywhere)

Ooo, SPICY!

(If I’m gonna get burns on that side of the digestive tract, I’d rather do the entire thing and just drink ghost pepper puree directly.)

3 Likes

When even Destro is complaining about idiots…

1 Like

Billy was a covidiot, but Billy is no more, for what he thought was H2O a covid cure was H2SO4.

FTFY

8 Likes

Obligatory: https://www.science.org/content/blog-post/things-i-won-t-work-dioxygen-difluoride

“At seven hundred freaking degrees, fluorine starts to dissociate into monoatomic radicals, thereby losing its gentle and forgiving nature. But that’s how you get it to react with oxygen to make a product that’s worse in pretty much every way …”

8 Likes

Also, for the layperson, the part where Derek refers for fluorine having a “gentle and forgiving nature” is dry sarcasm at its finest. F2 wants all the electrons, which is why it can oxidize fucking oxygen itself to make FOOF, which is understated onomatopoeia for what it does on contact with literally anything with valence electrons.

Probably overkill. All someone needs to do is spill some HF on themselves and it won’t even sting until their bones start to melt from the fluoride ripping the calcium out.

9 Likes

There’s a frood who really knows where his bottle of calcium gluconate gel is.

5 Likes

Meanwhile the pop-up ads are promoting the ivermectin fraud.

6 Likes

BB is selling a calendar of Pooping Cats? :wink:
That makes me momentarily regret my compulsive ad blocking
(yeah I get its the Ivermectin book your highlighting, but come on, it’s a pooping cats calendar)

6 Likes
8 Likes

I think that’s worth officially reporting.

Attn: @orenwolf

3 Likes

More precisely, Book Depository is selling a Pooping-Cat Calendar (et alia), and BB is accepting its ads.

1 Like

That…that might actually work…

5 Likes

… is my favourite bit in an article that tickles all my nerdy funny-bones.

I’ve occasionally been on sites that were doing HF rinses of pipework, and a mile is too close for me.

5 Likes

What about the debate about whether it is acceptable to eat chips/fries with ketchup and/or mayonnaise? Do we really want to go and redo all that again?

1 Like