Anti-vaxxers now stupidly gargling iodine and using it as eye drops to "fight off" COVID-19

The medics and scientists need to stop with the ‘there have been no human trials/proper studies of using X for Y’ nonsense. In the minds of the nutters, it merely serves to suggest there might be something in it.

They really need to be more ‘this is just completely dumb, you might as well drink boiling water to mend a broken leg’ to make it clear just how dumb these idiots are being.

8 Likes

Break up Google. Break up Amazon. But Facebook just needs to be nuked.

9 Likes

Dimethyl mercury would work best and fastest. But no one should ever ever do that. Ever. Make sure the right wing media knows I said that.

15 Likes

Nest step they are going to autoclave themselves.

What, it works!

7 Likes

Are you quoting my Tinder profile?

8 Likes
4 Likes

Well, you have ‘doc’ in your screen name, so I’m sure you’re legit!

5 Likes

Or lit gasoline!

2 Likes

Symptoms of iodine poisoning include:

• Abdominal pain.
  • Coughing.
  • Delirium.
  • Diarrhea, sometimes bloody.
  • Fever.
  • Gum and tooth soreness.
  • Loss of appetite.
  • Metallic taste in mouth.
11 Likes

Whiskey would help you manage the tritiated water - allegedly at the bomb plant near Denver if an employee got a snootful of tritium they got sent home with a certificate for a case of Coors. Flush the water out and you flush the tritium out.

I’m more on “team strychnine” myself.

My fellow (gubm’t worker) colleagues that rant that “taxation is theft” (ironic much?) are now very anti-vax. They’ve all converted to whatever religion gets you your no-vax badge. And we’re a national lab full of supposedly smart people…

20 Likes

I’m psychologically damaged RIGHT NOW! haha sob sob

4 Likes

Next thing you know, they’ll be swallowing metallic sodium. They’d get a real bang for their buck.

7 Likes

Remember when Anti-Vaxxers were middle class new-age moms convinced Big Pharma was trying to pump their precious Indigo Children full of “chemicals”?

Halcyon days.

12 Likes

So kind of an Everlasting Gob Unstopper?

7 Likes

Los Alamos? Cool. I know some folk there (I spent a while recently at NMT).

2 Likes

“Suck - Squeeze - Bang - Fart!”

“Find out the one weird trick that makes people click on “One Weird Trick” ads.”

7 Likes

Maybe the album title, let’s just say it’s a good start.

8 Likes

Not at all! They’re getting closer and closer! Just as an infinite amount of monkeys on an infinite amount of typewriters can produce all works of Shakespeare, known and unknown— so the antivaxxers just have to keep going down every possible prescription, ointment, and unguent. At some point, they will hit upon the applicable vaccines. We just have to be patient.

Either that, or a cadre of prominent Democrats (and the CDC) has to publicly declare how terrible and useless and homicidal the Moderna/Pfizer/J&J vaccines are: it will result in all commentariat at Fox News declaring the “Trump vaccines” the golden bullet, Joe Rogan declaring “I’m an idiot, but these vaccines rock!”: almost instantly, 95%+ vaccination rates in every US state.

6 Likes

This is nothing new though.

Look at all the quack “cures” for cancer out there. Ranging from well meaning (if only lacking in empirical evidence for efficacy) “folk cures”, to truly despicable “separate desperate people from their money” scammy shit.

The big problem this time is that it’s become a political and cultural badge of honor to distrust science. And that spawns this search for “alternative medicine”.
But you know why trust the very thing that you owe your comparably comfortable existence to?
Never had smallpox? You’re welcome.
Don’t need an iron lung because you never had Polio? You’re welcome.
If you do happen to pick up the F_ING BLACK PLAGUE from a squirrel here in CA, we can treat it. You’re welcome.
Not to mention cars, phones, computers, television, planes, etc… All F-ing science.

The problem that I have is not that these assholes deny science, it’s that they’re very selective about what they like and what is obviously fake news put in place so the Jews (I hear they have a space laser) or Reptilians or whothefuckever wants to nano-micro-tracking-5G chip you… Don’t like science? Shed your clothes and all material goods and wander off into the wilderness. You’ll not be missed.

22 Likes

It’s not new, but it is, too - we’ve got a political movement/death cult developing their group identity around quackery. (No one is doing that with cancer. Or they are, but not in appreciable numbers, and not in a unified way.)

Republicans distrusting science has been a reoccurring theme - evolution, climate change, etc. But in this case, it’s not even consistent. I’m reading about people “discovering” religious objections to vaccines (because… reasons), but it’s clear that this is the first vaccine they’ve actually objected to. (They’ve been previously vaccinated, their kids got all the mandatory vaccines to get into school, etc.) There’s no pre-existing ideology or belief system at play here, it’s just what their social group/cult is doing at the moment. The belief doesn’t seem to extend beyond “covid vaccine bad.”

8 Likes