Antidepressant drug or Tolkien?

Originally published at: Antidepressant drug or Tolkien? | Boing Boing

6 Likes

100%! But I cheated by being both a psychologist and a massive nerd.

15 Likes

22 outof 24. i think it’s deceptive to put accent marks on the drugs, and i probably should’ve had a cup of coffee first.

7 Likes

Surprisingly hard. At least the batch I got. Charged in like Leeroy Jenkins and got spanked with 18/24. (I’ve read the Silmarillion four times and have chronic anxiety; I should have aced it).

2 Likes

Yeah - that got me, too.

6 Likes

I haven’t taken the quiz recently (IIRC, I had middling success), but this I know: Stephen Colbert would do exceptionally well at it.

3 Likes

In case anyone is wondering how drugs get their names - it’s surprisingly complicated, and there are rules:

4 Likes
6 Likes

16 of 24. I am a nerd, but NOT as big a nerd as some I’m afraid. But I aspire!

1 Like

Oh dear. Thirteen out of 24. Which makes me feel I should increase my dosage of antidepressants.

22 out of 24!

And I feel that I should do better.

Maybe I should talk to a therapist that my selfworth somehow is connected to obscure Tolkien trivia?

1 Like

Ikea or Death gave me a 403 error on my phone on my provider’s 5G. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also only 14 of 24. I’m neither in the market for antidepressants (fortunately!) nor did I retain hardly any of the character names from The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings books or movies. At least I got Bilbo right!

2 Likes

Middling 17/24. Story of my life….

1 Like

16/24. I would like to say I’m excused because drug names in Europe and USA are different so I had to guess solely on my tolkien knowledge… but I’m still lacking :laughing:

But C’MON ELRONON? THAT TOTALLY SOUNDS LIKE A TOLKIEN NAME!

I thought that this would be an effectiveness comparison.

7 Likes

In case anyone is wondering how characters in the LOTR get their names - it’s surprisingly complicated, and there are rules :wink:

4 Likes

That’s the point in the quiz when I started giggling. Drug names are ridiculous!

2 Likes

I foolishly thought I’d be awesome at this due to working in a healthcare-related field and being a giant nerd, but only 19/24. It was surprisingly hard.

1 Like

Given that there’s a new trend of naming companies/products after Tolkien, there’s got to be at least one that’s both (or will be, soon).

Ah, the grand internet tradition of misattributing quotes - that one is actually from John Rogers. (Who, despite being a successful tv/movie/comics writer, jokes that’s the thing he’ll be remembered for.)

2 Likes

Me, too. Tbf they didn’t randomly put an accent on it. That was the brand name in the French and Spanish market.

4 Likes