Antigay pastor trolled Grindr for gay sex

[Read the post]

1 Like

Whenever I see/hear someone going out of their way to attack and persecute gay people, I automatically assume they are gay. It’s like when somebody farts in an enclosed space, then immediately claims “it wasn’t me” - no, it totally was you! Actually, farting in enclosed spaces is probably the one place where Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell is a good policy.

There should be schools/camps set up to help “re-gay” these folks and help them see that it’s okay to be themselves.

7 Likes

This brings to mind my repeated joke that whenever I hear a guy say “Gay marriage is a threat” what I hear is “If it becomes legal my boyfriend’s going to really pressure me to leave my wife.”

Except for a case like this I have to tweak it slightly. I don’t think he has a regular boyfriend. I think he enjoys the danger. Or rather he enjoyed it. He’s set an example that the adrenaline rush of living in fear may be exciting and even addictive, but sooner or later there’s a crash.

13 Likes

Obligatory link to The Onion:

21 Likes

Why do Conservatives obsess about LGBT Americans & their sex lives so much?

Jealous?

4 Likes

Because butts.

BUTTS.

No, seriously, I have no idea- I don’t often think of what others do in the bedroom, but there seems to be some serious thinking being done by those that shout about this sort of thing. I mean, if I was writing commandments, I’d add a “Mind your bidness” clause.

6 Likes

I wonder how often these anti-gay pastors and politicians run into each other when using those services?

8 Likes

if you fart in an enclosed space you say … Ma’am how could you?
on the other hand if it’s only two people in an elevator, everybody knows who did it.

Regarding the link though, a gay friend of mine told me that years ago that often the worst gay haters are closet cases themselves.

1 Like

Sex and the shame/hedonism pendulum is a human thing, going back long before American conservatives.

Now we need to update the old joke about why Baptists won’t look each other in the eye at the liquor store.

4 Likes

These stories pop up all over the place, and they raise so many questions for me. First, how does this work, just in terms of cognitive dissonance? A: “Homosexuality is evil.” B: “I like to top and cuddle.” If A -> ~B, right? How does that work? When he’s saying A, does he think “I’m lying right now”? Or when he says B is he thinking “I’m being evil right now”?

It’s not just hypocrisy. That’s easy: “I will say that stealing is wrong so that people don’t know I steal.”

Oh, wait. Maybe I just answered my own question.

Ew. That’s grosser than cuddling with that ugly bastard could ever be.

1 Like

It’s basic psychological projection. There’s really no mystery.

1 Like

“The collection of statements is damning: he’s a full-spectrum [self-]hater…”

FTFY, Rob (including “spectum” ; -)

There seem to be some who view homosexuality as a kind of universal temptation. If you assume that obviously everyone is tempted to have gay sex all the time and it is your job not to give in, then you can be secretly “weak” without rethinking your stance.

4 Likes

If you weren’t interested in dick before, then you probably will be after thinking about it 24/7 for years. And they usually go for top role because it’s not ‘really’ gay if you’re pitching.

2 Likes

you can be secretly “weak” without rethinking your stance.

As long as it’s a wide stance. :wink:

4 Likes

Damnit if I can’t find the boingboing page for it

4 Likes

In a depressing but not unexpected update to this story the pastor was unsympathetic and unhelpful to at least one gay teenager, and said the teen’s parents shouldn’t support him.

I’ll just put this here:
http://gayhomophobe.com/

I know that I’m being pedantic here but surely he “trawled” Grindr for gay sex not “trolled”. Unless he Rickrolled the guys he hooked up with or something…

3 Likes