Antonin Scalia, 1936-2016

The eagle should be trying to attack his face.

5 Likes

Reagan’s best joke: dead, finally

[too soon?]

10 Likes

De mortuis nil nisi bonum.

That leaves me next to nothing to say about Scalia, except the Southern equivalent, “Bless his heart.”

11 Likes

Quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur.

6 Likes

… which would imply something about dying at age 79, I suppose.

1 Like

The level of hate and venom here is quite unfortunate

Yeah, but was Cheney there, too?

3 Likes

Good riddance…

Now comes the year-long exercise in GOP obstruction liberally blended with tantrums and hysterics.

7 Likes

I guess I really did hate Scalia. When my wife told me he had died I actually laughed. Maybe that makes me a bad person. But then I console myself by thinking that my hatred of Scalia was merely a personal thing, and really had no effect on anyone, not even that fat fuck. But his hatred, his shriveled little soul: that had an effect on a lot of people. And now, thank whoever, he’s gone. If only it had happened earlier.

27 Likes

I just see most of these right wing guys as terribly misguided souls who’ve lost sight of basic humanity and became out of step with society. They have these positions of vast power and all we can do is wait for them to die or retire or get replaced somehow, so that we can move forward. Unfortunately they hold sway over us. But there is a silver lining that eventually shines through. Rest in peace, Scalia, you stubborn old coot.

4 Likes

Look! Grouse!

2 Likes

Yeah, most unfortunate; Scalia deserves a lot more venom than this.

The “don’t speak ill of the dead” convention achieves nothing except the whitewashing of monsters. The more that it is broken, the better.

May we never see his like again, and may his friends and family reflect on the role they played in enabling the evil he brought to the world.

24 Likes

The US is a far worse place today than it would’ve been without him being so damned pivitol in installing Bush the Lesser.

13 Likes

Watching this debate now. It’s … interesting. It’s really sad that these are the people looking to lead the country. The only guy up there I’d even consider voting for is Kasich. Maybe Bush. The rest of these people are embarrassing. Good God almighty.

1 Like

President Trump: Goddamit Sotomayor, you’re really pissing me off… you’re fired!
Sotomayor: Actually, you can’t fire me, the appointment is for life.
Trump: F*ck!!! Ok, everybody here, kick the shit out of Sotomayor, I’ll pay for your legal defenses.

14 Likes

“So I’ll have to nominate… ME. It’ll be fabulous, the people will love me. The justice, the justices, whatever… they’ll love me. We’ll have the very best justice EVER in this country. I’ll fix everything, it’ll be fabulous and beautiful, you’ll love it.”
-guess

1 Like

How about Hillary?

Nah, that would stop the gravy train, huh.

Oddly I had a similar feeling to when it was announced that Bin Laden was dead. Scalia was the starting point for a chain of events starting with validating a dubious victory by Bush, a poor handling of post 911 policy, Iraq invasion, busted economy, and led to events that gravely damaged the country. I think you had your little jig coming to you.

6 Likes

A conspiracy of climatologists perhaps?

1 Like

Yeah, as I said in the election thread…
And I see it was the great Mom’s Mabley attributed to it…
He’s dead. Good.

1 Like