AOC bashes her weak Democratic colleague for assuming Trump will win: "You should absolutely retire"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/15/aoc-bashes-her-weak-democratic-colleague-for-assuming-trump-will-win-you-should-absolutely-retire.html

18 Likes

In fact, lead or get out of the way.

Minions Mic Drop GIF

14 Likes

… oh okay, this is gossip in the media, with the other representative being anonymous

I thought you meant she said that to someone in person, in a meeting, to his face :laughing:

I have no doubt she would

16 Likes

There’s a certain faction within the Democratic Party that seems fine resigning themselves (election after June 27) or giving up on long held issues (Roe v. Wade) or allows subversion of Constitutional powers of nomination (Obama & open SCOTUS seats).

And it seems to me each time they folks lose, they send me a text message asking for money. If only I had given them $20 or $50, they would have won. right? It had nothing to do with the complete lack of effort on their part.

15 Likes

She’s fucking right tho!

27 Likes

I could be wrong, but off the top of my head, I can’t think of anything she’s ever said that I disagreed with.

16 Likes

Yep Yes GIF by Rosanna Pansino

5 Likes

It’s astonishing to see the mass media anti-Biden tsunami. Even the Guardian is now publishing articles like “Why Pro-Biden Democrats Are A Cult”. (I paraphrase slightly.)

AOC is a goddess. The Dems absolutely need to stop their Biden related circle jerk and put all that energy to hammering Trump and Vance on the substantive points.

16 Likes

PREACH SISTER.

I am so freaking tired of trusting our democracy to the bumbling cavalcade of idiots running the Democratic Party.

No one apart from AOC and a handful of others has any drive to win. Most of them think that because the right is full of morally bankrupt assholes that the average American will just naturally vote Democrat and they can just take the high road.

If the Democratic Party was even remotely competent George W Bush never would have won in 2000 and Trump never would have won in 2016.

American politics is like a Formula One race and the Democrats keep showing up in a Kia hoping to win. It’s like Star Wars except instead of Luke Skywalker Princess Leia Han Solo and others the entire Rebel Alliance is made up of Jar Jar Binks, C-3PO and Uncle Owen.

People on the left need to understand that whining on social media about moving to Canada isn’t going to do shit. We need to work twice as hard as the right to overcome the flood of money from corporate America and the flood of ideological indoctrination from religious America. We need to clean house and get rid of the self defeating attitudes of the politicians who wish to be our “leaders”

5 Likes

Ain’t that the truth.

8 Likes

but she’s too young! /s

/ducks

7 Likes

I’m sure that would be the take of the NY Times, were she running for President.

11 Likes

without a doubt :sob:

4 Likes

While Vance’s sumilarly young age will get nothing but delighted notice and applause. :angry:

10 Likes

We’re all stressed and disheartened right now. How about don’t throw more fuel on the fire if you’re too chickenshit to put your name to a statement like that.

Thanks to AOC for telling it like it is.

5 Likes

She is a very principled person, so I’m not saying that she is doing all that for personal reasons (in fact, I’m pretty sure she’s not) but there’s also the fact that she and the other members of the Squad are very high on the list of enemies of the regime if Trump wins. They, like many others, literally can’t afford not to fight this. And I genuinely hope they have contingency plans in the event that they lose. Exile is not shameful.

3 Likes

She is currently too young (according to the Constitution) to serve as President, but would be old enough by the election and inauguration (she turns 35 in October).

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.