AOC bashes Biden-bashing Democratic colleagues in midnight livestream rant: "It's bullsh*t" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/19/aoc-bashes-biden-bashing-democratic-colleagues-in-midnight-livestream-rant-its-bullsht-video.html

11 Likes

Seems like everything is really going great.

6 Likes

Is she wrong?

Crashing Do Something GIF by The Roku Channel

8 Likes

She’s also spoken out strongly in support of Biden staying the course. Which especially makes sense because it’s his decision, and he ain’t going nowhere.

Biden is ‘absolutely’ staying in race, campaign chair says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2024/07/19/election-2024-biden-trump-campaign-updates/

16 Likes

Does anyone else find it kind of weird that the progressives had to be convinced to support Biden, but now they are the ones supporting him, while the centrist (corporate) dems are the ones demanding he step down? :thinking:

Season 1 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

22 Likes

I was just thinking about that. Along with the often under reported progressive accomplishments of the current Biden administration.

I seem to remember some reporting saying that Biden has passed a ton of progressive policies.

12 Likes

He has, and that seems to be the root of his support among the progressive wing of the party… but the media has been really downplaying what he’s done over his term. So, people just aren’t aware, generally speaking.

19 Likes

He tried to list them during the debate too, along with stats and such. Which are, you know, boring. Where’s the drama in that?

:confused: :weary:

12 Likes

Looks like Jeffries agrees with her now.

Directly, in public, not just “sources say”.

15 Likes

This makes me wonder just how much the grumbling behind the scenes is just fucking being made up by the media (or by people claiming to be credible sources with good intel on what’s happening behind the scene).

19 Likes

It’s important to remember that this faction of the party that has been calling for Biden to step down is not a majority of Dems - not in terms of politicians and certainly not in terms of voters.

(Without counting the cowardly shits she’s talking about who take interviews anonymously)

The only reason it sounds like a lot of Democrats is because it’s being amplified by the media, who revel in the drama and infighting, and because the media-industrial complex wants not only a horse race but many would rather T**** win.

There’s less than two weeks to the nomination. The party apparatus is behind Biden. After August 1st, the Biden-bashers need to STFU or be jettisoned like so much space trash.

18 Likes

tedious of me, but the ghost of Will Rogers inhabits my amygdala:
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat

[string of expletives]

15 Likes

Here’s the article link, which is according to anonymous people and a shaky poll projection.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/17/schumer-biden-directly-concerned-about-election-00169206

1 Like

A lot of the pearl-clutching seems to be based on anonymous tips and polls. Who vets polls to see what questions are asked, how they are asked, who sponsors them, and how they are recorded?

14 Likes

The story seems to be media companies want chaos to drive revenue. Proficient governance is to boring.

12 Likes

When you have a 24-hour media cycle to feed, and lots of those corporations are run by Right Wing interests, well…

Predict Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

13 Likes

Ok, so after repelling immediate threats to democracy, changing the fundamental nature of our elections moved up the priority list.

-publicly funded campaigns - no donor money or PACs allowed
-shorten the election season to 4 to 6 months. Campaign sooner and there are drastically escalating penalties including ineligibility on strike 3

11 Likes

Hilarious (in a sickening way) to see that that article is on CNN’s site. :person_facepalming:

5 Likes

If you only watched BBC News you would think that Biden was mere hours from dropping out given the frothing at the mouth i see from their reporters and whatever guest they have that day who has an axe to grind.

7 Likes

Pretty much back to being that bad again in the US too. Ugh.

5 Likes