AOC exposes Kevin McCarthy as weak House Minority Leader who now kowtows to QAnon

Yeah, I like that analogy a lot. We are in a period of turbulence, but let’s hope it is the “good trouble” and we can all get through it together.

5 Likes

no, he’s not, because he pledged to be a one-term president as a transitional point away from Trump.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t take off the cuff campaign remarks as gospel. It’s really hard for a party to just give up the incumbency advantage like that.

3 Likes

I’ve often expressed my disgust that the media pretended Mass-Murdering Traitor Trump was a real human being. I mean, sure, there was a semi-ambulatory lump of flesh that answered to the name “Donald J. Trump,” sort of, but this creature was a crazed sociopath whose intellectual, emotional, and physical capabilities barely exceeded those of a colicky infant.

Now we’re supposed to pretend that creatures like Kevin McCarthy are real human beings as well. I challenge you to visit YouTube and watch videos of McCarthy over the years. He can barely grunt an intelligible sentence. I grant you, he’s not quite as mentally challenged as Louie Gomert, but what kind of bar is that? The GOP doesn’t want leaders – it wants soulless, mindless mouthpieces who will howl empty slogans on command. You think Republicans are a death cult? I think they’re the walking dead.

8 Likes

A few suggestions:

1. We need to demonstrate results to voters who don’t care about forms of government. That’s why moving forward a agenda with obvious impact to voters is imperative, much more so than focusing on shoring up institutional controls (kill the Filibuster, it won’t save us)

2. Pry the greedy folks away from the facists. Many prefer higher marginal taxes to losing Democracy. The insurrection may have convinced some of the danger, but we should not quickly try to whitewash it

3. Fix the institutional controls that let a minority rule

8 Likes

I’d say it’s less an analogy, and more a continuation.

There is plenty of good trouble going on, of course. But how things turned out then directly relates to how things are today. We never finished the job of ending white supremacy in America. You can see that in the language deployed, such as Silent Majority, etc. There is still a good deal of indignation over integration that’s a hold over from the 60s. Nixon harnessed it, and so did Reagan and Trump (the Bushes were less apt to lean into that stuff, although there is the whole Cop Killer thing with elder Bush in 92). This has been simmering underground for years, and keeps bursting forth into public sphere, but rarely gets the focus and attention it deserves in large part because it’s still part of the predominant narrative that many white Americans understand themselves by.

This is part of the reason why there has been a drive to gut the humanities in K-12 and at the college level by the right, because understanding history, literature, and society as it actual exists rather than as an ideology constructs it is dangerous to the power structures that depends on the white supremacist structures to keep things as they are.

22 Likes

I guess they’ll always have (or, are counting on) the fetuses.

4 Likes

We need more direct intense truthful speach like this on TV in America.

People need to be forced to witness the reality of what the GOP is now.

They promoted a woman who insults children for not wanting to die and mocking the deaths of their classmates to the education council.

The GOP are straight up a fucking death cult of lying garbage humans. They’re at this point nothing but evil. And somehow they’ve convinced their crazed lunatics that decent people not part of it are literally pedophiles worshipping satan and eating actual children.

Jeffery Epstien was a convicted pedophile and best buddy of their orange lord of flies, Trump.

They are beyond hope, because they are beyond reality in a world of lies. I have no idea how they won’t drag the country to hell with them, but we need to open the eyes of everyone left to this event horizon of evil before us, before the GOP start trying to execute congressmembers openly.

10 Likes

Didn’t they just try to do this 3 weeks ago?

15 Likes

Me, I’m hoping she’ll become the youngest Speaker, and then the longest serving Speaker.

15 Likes

I’m not so sure. They’re running the Hillary playbook but a lot of it will not work because AOC is insanely media savvy. She will go on the attack when being slandered rather than turning the other cheek and relying solely on being the adult in the room (which she absolutely is, don’t get me wrong).

The rabid base will always hate her but I think Republicans would regret giving her a larger stage. At the moment the average person won’t hear her speak because all the media is showing of her is soundbites to make her sound extreme and further that both sides narrative that is selling so many premium ad spots. But in a presidential campaign they would have to broadcast entire speeches and her policy platform and I think that would turn quite a lot of people towards her that are now dismissing her because she gets presented to them as a hysterical child.

(That said I can’t imagine the Democrats actually running her as a candidate)

19 Likes

Oh I disagree, I cannot imagine Biden running again.

1 Like

Oh snap AOC isn’t holding back today.

20 Likes

the New York congresswoman wrote in a tweet directed at the Texas senator Thursday. “Happy to work w/ almost any other GOP that aren’t trying to get me killed. In the meantime if you want to help, you can resign.”

There isn’t enough ointment in the world for that burn.

21 Likes

His “gosh, why so angry?” response was predictably destroyed in similar fashion.

27 Likes

He hasn’t even apologized or taken any responsibility at all. That wouldn’t be enough, but it would be a start. But he has less guts than the bacon he cooked on the barrel of his AR.

16 Likes

I would amend “deserves accountability” to “requires accountability”. DOJ may be squeamish about arresting a sitting president, but they damned well better not have qualms about arresting sitting Congresscritters found to have colluded in the insurrection.

17 Likes

It’s pretty clear AOC is far more media savvy and better at getting a point across in social media than the blobfish/gerbil chimera inhabiting a senate seat for Texas.

Her responses are dead on, concise and appear sincere.

18 Likes

“Here’s the thing you have to understand about Ted Cruz. I like Ted Cruz more than most of my other colleagues like Ted Cruz. And I hate Ted Cruz.” —Al Franken

20 Likes

That’s why I think he’s an also-ran behind Hawley and Cotton and Gaetz in the quest to be the Congressional leader of America’s fascist movement. One has to have friends and allies in both parties to accomplish that, but Cruz made himself loathed by everyone.

11 Likes