AOC hands Rep. Yoho's cowardly nonpology right back to him

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/23/aoc-hands-rep-yohos-coward.html

31 Likes

Speaking the TRUTH to assholes like Yoho - more of this please.

49 Likes

Here is my question. If the GOP is all about family values and good ole fashioned chivalry and the like. Why aren’t all these “men” standing up and defending her and condemning Yolo’s poor behavior?

Hmm? I’ll wait guys. Because ya know. You’re all such “southern gentlemen” and all.

Wait. What’s that? Oh you’ve said the same about AOC? Oh you’ve said WORSE?! Oh gotcha. So you’re just a bunch of hypocritical fucktards then. Got it.

63 Likes

I look forward to hearing from AOC for many years to come. Ideally I’d ask her to be some sort of monarch, but I don’t think that’s on the table.

23 Likes

Rep. Yoho cites in his defense that he has a wife and daughter, and therefore he is an honorable man [1]. I will therefore give him one-fifth credit of that I give to another man with a wife and five daughters: Joseph Goebbels.

[1] Yeah, Shakespeare.

40 Likes

Goebbels was far more talented and hard-working than Yoho.

8 Likes

Her future Presidency will be awesome!!

33 Likes

She just recently became eligible for the Senate. No rush, I look forward to her spending a good long apprenticeship in the House before a possible assignment in the Duckworth Administration and then election to be Governor of New York (which needs a real Democrat.) Following that, a term or two in the Senate before running for either President or VP in 2040.

31 Likes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/23/aoc-i-do-not-need-rep-yo.html

12 Likes

I would love to hear that she became President of the USA, but in the meantime, I hope she wears a flack-jacket.

28 Likes

I wish Florida Man and rejected chocolate drink Ted Yoho would just go away.

18 Likes

I admire her.

14 Likes

Agreed, no rush, I like the timeline you’re drawing and the path it implies.

I’m just saying, if I ever found myself in a position to name any current US politician as dictator, she’d be high on the list

5 Likes

Republican hypocrites… but I repeat myself.

12 Likes

“Dictator” aside (I’m not sure it’s really flattering) I’m quite impressed by her myself.

I’m also interested in seeing the Democratic Party demonstrate its rejection of out-of-nowhere “outsiderism” by having a clearer and better-supported program of grooming promising politicians [1] and succession planning for the senior ones. “Elder statesman” should be part of the apprenticeship program. Nancy Pelosi is one of the most effective Speakers in a long time, but that job is demanding in a way that I (at 68) would not want to tackle and she – a good bit older – shouldn’t have to. Can you imagine having Pelosi mentoring the younger ones like AOC [2]?

[1] It’s not an insult.
[2] I suspect that that, openly or not, is exactly what’s going on. AOC is playing a very valuable role in Pelosi’s House.

15 Likes

I was reading boing-boing without add blockers on a computer the other day.

One of the ads was for an eBay listing of a poster of AOC.

3 Likes

Fair enough, and I apologize for the unflattering implications. They’re unintended.

3 Likes

I would like to imagine she is held up to some of the old establishment to keep them in line. Sort of like the way cats were used in “The Mummy” (Rachel Weiss version).

She is one of the reasons I do have real hope for your future down there.

5 Likes

AOC Forever.

5 Likes

The thing I would most look for in a potential dictator of the US is the likelihood they would decline the position. Consequently,

12 Likes