Republican congressman Ted Yoho refuses to apologize after calling AOC a "fucking bitch"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/23/republican-congressman-ted-yoh.html

11 Likes

Christ, what a fucking bastard.

46 Likes

I was going to say wanker. Been watching a lot of British TV during the lockdown.

22 Likes

Maybe the Brits got it right with all those rules about MPs not being allowed to even address each other by name, only by respectful titles - though I’m always impressed how much condescension and scorn an MP can squeeze into “my right honourable colleague”.

32 Likes

Why is this the kind of steaming turd people are voting for?

What is the matter with people?

28 Likes

Why is anyone surprised? He’s a Repugnican politician from Florida.

27 Likes

“I cannot apologize for my passion or for loving my God, my family, or my country.”

Nothing says Christianity and family values like calling a woman a “f-cking b-tch”.

Combined with his “I never said that” gaslighting I feel really sorry for his wife and kids.

[* I may be a secular humanist atheist, but I’ve never been comfortable using that term – hence the self-censorship]

44 Likes

it will quicken the sorting of America into people dumb or gross enough to go along with it and people who want something else out of politics.

Masks and MAGA hats have already taken care of that. You can spot a garbage person from 50 yards off nowadays.

17 Likes

Does anybody know if there is some kind of action that could be undertaken within congress? I mean, not reelect sure, but within congress? Maybe make him stand at the back of the room or something?

8 Likes

and if they were construed that way, I apologize for their misunderstanding

Translation: “By ‘fucking bitch’, I meant it in the nicest possible way.”

19 Likes

A nod and a wink from his buddies.

15 Likes

That the press is reporting this as an apology is just sickening.

What an asshole. And to think that an entire congressional district is ok with this… ugggh.

27 Likes

and AOC turned right around and used this asshole’s words against him, she posted a “boss bitch” video to her Insta about how “bitch’s get stuff done” She is AWESOME and can’t wait to see her as President someday!

33 Likes

Fully realize that nothing will be done, just got me wondering if there are mechanisms in place to punish congress people.

8 Likes

If only there were something Nancy Pelosi could do about it! Ah, well.

2 Likes

Have you been to FL?

Grew up there. Got the hell out of there as soon I was out of HS. I have family and friends down there that I would love to visit, but it ain’t gonna happen for the foreseeable future.

Which sucks because my dad doesn’t have much time left and he’d love to see his granddaughters again. Glad I was able to make it down last year before the shit hit the fan.

11 Likes

Christ, he looks the part. Somewhere in Florida there is a 16 year old Little League umpire who is not being screamed at, a slightly fire-damaged 2004 Dodge Dart sitting on the lot unsold, and a secretary not having her butt hilariously swatted in front of her colleagues for getting a lunch order slightly wrong.

27 Likes

I don’t see any conflict with your beliefs. There is no use of that term that is not misogynistic. When applied to women it is conflating them with dogs, when applied to men it is conflating them with women (because women=weak).

18 Likes

The worst part is he represents Gainesville, which is a liberal college town. Thanks, gerrymandering.

13 Likes

There are at least three levels that could be undertaken, but the one that comes to mind is

But since the sh!theel is retiring at the end of this term, they’ll probably just let it go.

17 Likes