Republican congressman Ted Yoho refuses to apologize after calling AOC a "fucking bitch"

Dear god, I am desperately hoping for redistricting reform for the 2020 census. Otherwise we can expect to be plunged back into the dark ages every 10-20 years.

5 Likes

There are, but they aren’t great. One of our local congresscritters managed to get expelled a few decades after his first bribery trial and only a few months after his bribery and racketeering conviction.He managed to get 15% of the vote in his first reelection campaign, while in federal prison. It was two decades earlier that another was expelled and another century before that to reach the third. There are a few censured or reprimanded reps for things similar to the current offense, but not much in the line of real penalties.

7 Likes

When white male fragility is guilty of projection. Who’s the weenie now, Ted?

15 Likes

Is that a typo, or an insult of some kind?

4 Likes

Seriously, what happens to people that they start thinking like that?

5 Likes

“Bellend”, perhaps?

5 Likes

Censure, but it carries zero actual consequences. More like a letter in your permanent record. Honestly, I’m not even sure if it applies outside of session.

ETA: @davide405 beat me to it.

6 Likes

Thanks Google Keyboard.

Also, I fucking hate Google Keyboard, and keenly miss Swype.

7 Likes

And few things more jarring than to see it used in coverage of the Westminster dog show in the NY Times.

5 Likes

This is why it’s a mistake to let men run for elected office. They are obviously too emotional to handle the job.

33 Likes

Ted is a simp!

12 Likes

Well I suppose it could be used breeding dogs without being misogynistic. Maybe misdognystic?

2 Likes
7 Likes

Our government is run by rules that are not enforceable while the citizens are to be harassed and slain into submission.

At some point the majority of people in the US will begin to hope for foreign invasion.

Well played, Putin.

1 Like

Something tells me that if AOC comes for you with the cane, it’s not going to be a cowardly sneak attack from behind like that fuck Brooks.

15 Likes

Her response to him is thoughtful and cutting. She strips him naked for the world to see (see the video).

28 Likes

My British grandmother always used the phrase un-ironically.

1 Like

26 Likes

Yes, of course. My hyperbole gets the best of me, again.

1 Like

Republicans are deeply into Projection. Yoho looks like the “fucking bitch” here.

1 Like