AP: In call with Mexican president, Trump threatened invasion. White House says it didn't happen

Unfortunately the party that could initiate impeachment, which comes from the House, is the GOP, which seems perfectly OK with Trump across the board (this being the Tea Party GOP, which has very little in common with the Republican Party of yore). There’s not much we as American citizens can do directly, unless we Velvet Revolution these assholes. I’m fairly convinced it might come to that, and in the next 3-6 months (if the CIA/etc. doesnt “deal with it” first…)

21 Likes

Until the prices go up, and the bombs begin to fall; that is.

Part of the reason people were so shook by the 9/11 tragedy is because outside of Pearl Harbor, (which happened 3/4 of a century ago and not on the mainland) none of the destruction and “collateral damage” of war was happening in our own land… So it very likely didn’t seem “real” to many people, until it happened in our own back yard and affected us directly.

The supporters of the Angry Orange don’t get it that should someone decide to attack the country that the damage will be mainly on the home-front this time, and it won’t be just limited to the coastal elites they despise so much.

19 Likes

Some, maybe. But many of his voters really did expect him to act more professional and presidential once he was sworn in, and they are very much seeing that he’s incapable of doing that. Nor does he want to. If even 10-25% of Trump voters lose faith, which i am guessing has already happened, we are down to a VERY small percentage of the populace who is behind him. Maybe 20% of the adult population? Obviously MUCH lower in all of the economic and urban power centers, which also control the coasts. There may we’ll be a fight, but it’s not one I see Trump and his cronies winning.

11 Likes

Regular American citizens can’t impeach the president, and the legislature is showing no intention to do so. They’re like a bunch of kids locked in a candy store-- they’re going to gorge on forbidden delights, even though it’s making them sick.

23 Likes

54° 40’ or Fight! It’s still not too late. Just think how much better off we’d be if we’d taken BC from the Brits instead of Texas from the Mexicans.

8 Likes

Damn, I hope some of the candy is those poisoned M&M’s they were talking about a few months back…

12 Likes

At this point I’d be happy for Mexico to invade us.

21 Likes

It worked out pretty well for us last time.

35 Likes

It could be false, but it sure sounds like something Trump would say, perhaps an idle threat, and it’s definitely something his staff would deny. What we need now is for someone in the Mexican government to confirm it.

4 Likes
8 Likes

It’s not up to us, it’s up to a Republican majority Congress. It’s their guy in power, so impeachment is highly unlikely any time soon.

12 Likes

In a closely related vein, it’s worth reading this entire Washington Post story about Trump’s curtailed conversation with the Australian PM on Saturday (curtailed because Trump hung up halfway through the scheduled time and planned topics, though he had found the time to brag about the size of his electoral college majority). It’s more than twenty paragraphs long, and pretty much every paragraph contains some source of outrage and disbelief. His presidency is a source of humiliation daily.

33 Likes

I think it is not too early to suggest that we ask Trump to leave peacefully. He and his cohorts receive one way ticket to Russia, and then we clean up the mess he’s already made.

How many million people do we need in Washington at the white house to do this.

8 Likes

[quote=“some_guy, post:29, topic:94212”]
What we need now is for someone in the Mexican government to confirm it.
[/quote]No, we really don’t. It may be a disservice to journalism and an informed public, but as part of their efforts to maintain as friendly and useful relationship with their northern neighbor as they can it’s probably part of their job to help cover up this embarrassment, not to confirm it. Though Trump is too much of a bullying nitwit to understand and appreciate why they’d do such a thing, and will probably take it as a sign of weakness.

17 Likes

Cannibalism was such a great metaphor for that Drumfling to use. I thought it was Skittles, though. I guess M-branded food works in this context.

4 Likes

Doesn’t need to be millions, just 218 would do, if it’s the right ones. :wink:

12 Likes

Fuck, fuck, fuck. I was actually think that today might be Trump’s first day that he’s not a fucking embarrassment (I just needed the relief from the daily fucks). And then I read this shit.

8 Likes

25,800 days, and you think this’d be the first?

21 Likes

Then they were a bunch of dopes. Why would they expect Trump to become a completely different person just because he was thrust into a position of even greater power?

21 Likes

I was hoping for at least one! Just one!

7 Likes