AP: In call with Mexican president, Trump threatened invasion. White House says it didn't happen

You must have missed him ruining that hope fairly early on today:

31 Likes

[quote=“sckinjctn, post:37, topic:94212”]
Fuck, fuck, fuck. I was actually think that today might be Trump’s first day that he’s not a fucking embarrassment
[/quote]Earlier today I was imagining a sign at the White House gates like you get affixed to the fence around a construction site - you know, “this site has had x days since the last workplace accident injury”, and it would say “this White House has had 1 days since the last Presidential national humiliation”. The sign would be totally sincere, and with all goodwill intended, and every morning the staffer responsible for the sign would hope that this was they day they got to leave the sign untouched all day long and, at the end of the day, lift up that 1 and reveal the 2 underneath. And at some point during every daythey would, instead, have to flip back to 0, nonetheless optimistically advancing it to 1 at the end of the day.

23 Likes

And President Nieto promised to pay for it too!

7 Likes

Because politicians are all liars, therefore this one must have been lying about how awful he was?

4 Likes

Not to quibble but I keep going back and forth between I’m not gonna think about it and What’s he done NOW?

10 Likes

Ah. Mah bad. Mah bad.

2 Likes

I guess you know you’ve made it when somebody likes your joke GIF enough to use it elsewhere, and it then becomes a memetically transmitted idea.

6 Likes

Hey! Canada will be happy to take that unorganized territory off your hands… heck we’ll even take Oregon.

11 Likes

Hey, leave us out of your mess.

Sincerely, Canada.

18 Likes

Shhhhhhh, I’ve almost got them giving up the Dakotas and Montana! Shhhh!

18 Likes

You do realize that “Oregon” includes Idaho, right?

13 Likes

Obvy! But are you saying you were unaware before this that some people are pretty stupid? Many of them believe in a book of myths from almost 2 thousand years ago. shrug

6 Likes

Dude, we need potatoes the amount of poutine we eat! PEI can’t handle the demand alone!

21 Likes

“When ever Justin wants to beam us up, we’re ready to ride the maple leaf express…”
~awkwardly adds~ “You know, aye”

10 Likes

[quote=“SpunkyTWS, post:45, topic:94212”]
His presidency is a source of humiliation hourly.
[/quote]Totally unfair. Why, on Saturday he set aside four hours to watch Finding Dory. And while you could certainly argue that it was a national humiliation to have a President who had the day before, on Holocaust Memorial Day, signed an Executive Order banning refugees including cases of family reunification, announce he was watching a kid’s film about reuniting a family - even so, that’s one humiliation for four hours. Obviously it’s a lasting humiliation, good enough to cover the four hour window and more - but it meant hours without a fresh humiliation.

14 Likes

Sounds like a great protest sign…

3 Likes

I think I just figured out why he doesn’t drink.

He was born drunk, alcohol is superfluous.

13 Likes

I occurs to me - this is what happens when you have a president who doesn’t read (and has cognitive issues, but simply not reading is enough for things like this to happen). His notion of how the world works isn’t just simplistic - it’s entirely wrong. It’s from Hollywood movies, not reality. And it’s not just how the world - and all its systems - work, but what’s appropriate behavior for a president. He’s doing some bombastic, tough-guy routine out of a cheesy action movie, and he thinks things will turn out well as a result.

16 Likes

I think I just figured out why he doesn’t drink.

He was born drunk, alcohol is superfluous.

Definitely not knurd, that one.

6 Likes

That depends, do i get prizes for eating certain amounts?

3 Likes