Apollo 16 footage interpolated from 12 to 60 frames per second

Aw I should just delete it. I guess it isn’t even funny… don’t take the bait!

So it’s still cool for people to profess indifference about historical achievements, huh? “Hey, everyone, I just said, ‘meh’ to a film taken by a person who risked his life to travel a quarter million miles to drive around an airless desert, please like me.”

1 Like

59 here and also love it! My dad worked for IBM when he/we got transferred to Houston from CT, just before I started the 6th grade. It was 1971, I think, and dad was a manager who was moved to NASA in Houston to work on Skylab. We lived in Clear Lake Forest alongside several astronaut families. The moonwalk was pretty recent and it was a tremendously exciting time for the entire community. I remember standing in the middle of the street in front of our bedroom community 4bed/2bath home along with other IBM (“I Been Moved”) kids on my street a couple of years later, and we tracked Skylab across the night sky without magnification. It would be only a couple more years before I would discover Bradbury. His work immediately felt so familiar.

3 Likes

To be fair to poor Crichton by the time he got split and was cloned the original was already starting to go mad from being in space and among everything so foreign to him. Over the entire arc of the show he has several mental breakdowns. And who knows, considering he might be the first human the translator microbes had to deal with, maybe everyone else has a Southern accent when he hears them. (Just imagine a Southern Ka D’Argo.)

I mean when I visit relatives out the in middle of rural NC my accent certainly becomes more apparent.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.