Archie comics CEO being sued for calling employees "penis"

• Gnaws on bark and says she’s getting a “woodie”
  • Has cream pies delivered to throw at “brainstorming” meetings
  • Sits on the copier makes copies and says “THESE are for Jughead” and winks at you
3 Likes

Not my idea of a safe work environment.

10 Likes

So you apply for a job and you get an interview. You walk into the room and you’re greeted:

Ah there you are, so what do you think qualifies you to be an additional penis in this team?

1. You continue with the interview
  2. You turn around and walk out

If you answered 1, I don’t think you’ve got the right to sue Archie comics.

1 Like

It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye

4 Likes

It shouldn’t be mocked. It should be aggressively ignored. Anyone that says, without a hint of sarcasm, “death to X” where X is any sort of human life is crazy. Zombies don’t count. The problem is one of hyperbole- most of these people exist in echo chambers where they learn to shout really loud so that people begin assuming the craziest are the majority, where they actually are not. Happens in political groups too. Mainstream feminism needs to distance itself from types like Germaine Greer, who is a lunatic and possibly a pedophile with her unhealthy obsession of preteen boys, and do so loudly, so that people know that “people simply concerned with equal rights” are not “people that drink period blood and preach death to all males”.

7 Likes

Where’s the cough and ask them to say that again because I clearly misheard them?

5 Likes

Im weirded out that Im being called a MR already for saying what I did.
Myopic is right, this is a huge problem of hyperbole.

Its never a good idea to blanket people out. The kind of abuse that these men were getting would be as bad as if it was a male boss doing the same to female employees.
No one should be dismissing abuse based on whatever denomination someone is or isn’t. Basic human rights and whats not.

6 Likes

No it wouldn’t. Because it wouldn’t be indicative of broad culturally entrenched issues that the women in that case would have to face continuously.

The men can go out into the world and be all nicely privileged again, women can’t.

14 Likes

No. It really wouldn’t.

12 Likes

…Snap!

“Patriarchy?” But…but… a full four percent of Fortune 500 companies have women as CEOs now! Anyone who thinks we still live in a male-dominated society must be on their periods or something.

19 Likes

“Silberkleit contends that the case should be tossed out because white males are not ‘a protected class.’”

which is… how they got hired at archie comics?

So societal double standards, gender role portrayal in media, inequality in the courts, seem to be some of the main issues of the mens rights movement. These are all OK for women to struggle against, but not men? That just doesn’t seem like a good idea to me.

3 Likes

I am aware that they would find it entrenched in more places, my point was that people shouldnt blanket it as being a thing that its okay to mock just because it was men instead of women.
It was why there was a first sentence I put there “Its never a good idea to blanket people out.”.

Ive faced prejudice from americans before, that doesnt mean that suddenly I would find prejudice against americans okay just because they could go get out of where they were being abused and go back to being privileged elsewhere.

It shouldnt be a comedy hour because the abuser in this case turned out to be a female and the victims male, cmon guys we are all better than this.

4 Likes

“Silberkleit contends that the case should be tossed out because white males are not ‘a protected class.’”

I guess that makes it OK, then.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a general consensus in the civil and equal rights movements that categorizes people with the same mentality as if they were covered under the Endangered Species Act. Certain groups are untouchable because of inclusion on the list, with even justified criticism outlawed, while others not on it treated as if it’s open season because of population overload.

5 Likes

I hope they got video…

Not because of the case, I just think it’s hilarious when people in power go off the deep end. You know that usually their inflammatory comments are simply their failure to keep their filter enabled, and you’re seeing what they’re really like finally…

2 Likes

I think it would be more accurate to say that you cannot consider these issues independently of broader gender issues. Not that it is black and white and any issues men might raise have to be rejected outright.

4 Likes

That’s not what you said. Perhaps read over the comment I responded to again, and make sure you want to defend it.

It is possible for an individual to discriminate against men or caucasians or heterosexuals, but those groups do not face the kinds of widespread systematic disenfranchisement that “protected classes” were created to combat. We straight white males utterly dominate the world of business, finance, politics, religion, law enforcement and media. Until that changes there’s only so much harm that anti-male discrimination can do.

A straight white male can argue in court that his individual rights have been violated, but as a class straight white males are living on easy street in our society. Whatever harm this CEO has done to the men at her company she hasn’t done much to set back men as a class.

17 Likes

A) “American” isn’t a race.
B) “Racism” isn’t the same thing as prejudice or bigotry.
C) I don’t think anyone’s defending her, or her actions, they’re merely suggesting that this is not the same thing as when it happens to women. Since it’s not, that should be a controversial statement.

5 Likes