'Are you real?' Putin swears he doesn't have a body double

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/27/body-double-putin.html

Sure, Jan.

1 Like

Also, his body double swears he doesn’t have a Putin. So I guess that checks.

8 Likes

9ulTgcC

15 Likes

Why would he need a double? The man literally deflects bullets with judo and tames wild bears to use as a mount.

13 Likes

Unless that’s actually his body double. Like a stunt man.

2 Likes

Good point. Doubles can be dangerous or complicated to manage, according to The Man in the Iron Mask, The Prisoner of Zenda, Moon over Parador, and this guy from History of the World, Part 1:

5 Likes

4c3ffdc865077e672d4c593cec9fa81adda552b6_1_690x388

10 Likes

No body doubles there are about 7-10 Putin clones. He was engineered in a soviet lab.

8 Likes

This reminds me of Amanda Taub’s 2015 article for Vox, previously on BoingBoing:

Putin works hard to remind everyone in Russia that he’s healthy, strong, and fully in charge. Because if any of those aren’t true, then the Russian people brace for yet another coup. By the same token, if Putin needed a body double, he’d either be affraid or sickly. Nobody outside of Russia gives a shit if Putin gets a cold, it’s purely the Russian people who care and who fuel the rumor mill.

To get out ahead of appearing weak, he needs to quash these rumors. So in typical ex-KGB fashion, he announces that yes, they TOTALLY thought of doing that, because they think of everything, but they CHOSE not to do it because Putin is Superhuman Supreme Leader for Life and Don’t You Forget It.

9 Likes

well, donny is so awesome he’d need TWO body doubles. simultaneously.
…you know, to make up the correct mass. oh, never mind…

3 Likes

I would feel very sorry for someone who looks enough like donnie to be a double for him.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.