Are you sufficiently wealthy and interesting to stay in this luxy pandemic retreat

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/31/are-you-sufficiently-wealthy-a.html

2 Likes

No.

(Extra characters etc)

16 Likes

Beschizzled:

12 Likes

Seems to me this will only work with unlimited access to perfectly accurate tests. Not only for inmates – uh, residents – but for all staff, who would be required to live in; & for the proles who deliver all the goods. And when you fail your test, if you don’t go quiet, they come for you & your stuff with haz-mat suits.

14 Likes

Social isolation does not mean you’re not allowed to read other Boing Boing posts.

8 Likes

But I am disenfranchised enough to barricade all those muthafuckas in, permanently.

11 Likes

If you are wealthy enough to have a second bathroom, and the rest of the fam is getting on your nerves, that could also be a luxury pandemic retreat. :thinking:

11 Likes

Membership

All of our memberships provide you with a place to live, food to eat, and the activities to participate in.

• Daily meals
  • Daily yoga and breathwork
  • Live music events
  • Lectures and workshops
  • Trivia nights, board games, and pool parties

Board games! Count me in! That’s well worth $6,000/month!

4 Likes

Sounds like a re-purposed retirement home. COVID-19 is impacting a certain demographic…

3 Likes

Quite happily, “Nope”!

2 Likes

Get this, it’s like a cruise ship, but on land!

No mention of how they’re going to screen people applying? Seems legit.

7 Likes

Wealthy and interesting? No. But I’m sufficiently smart not to shut myself in with a crowd of people who have lifetimes of experience screwing over others.

11 Likes

Its so top secret they used the same image when they were renting it out on AirBnB, Expedia etc

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en-FR&tbs=simg:CAQStwIJCE3R8dycO08aqwILELCMpwgaYgpgCAMSKOwU2xX-FdUV_1xXQFPwK1hXtFNIUuiqqKr0quyr-P5crgznjKrwqpyoaMAECL4LC4WS3N5goM2hVD8Caby4mmC-P7SQVNUCAvtIubiUjV82Nf9I_1GxsPb9IEbSAEDAsQjq7-CBoKCggIARIETFSVSAwLEJ3twQkaowEKJQoSYWVyaWFsIHBob3RvZ3JhcGh52qWI9gMLCgkvbS8wMXc1Y18KIQoOc2Vhc2lkZSByZXNvcnTapYj2AwsKCS9tLzAxcXpieQoZCgZlc3RhdGXapYj2AwsKCS9tLzAzOHQ4XwoiCg9iaXJkJ3MtZXllIHZpZXfapYj2AwsKCS9tLzA4ODYzeAoYCgV2aWxsYdqliPYDCwoJL20vMDF5OHh3DA&sxsrf=ALeKk00Xqn8-5aDXcbRhoNq1WcM6CcDUJQ:1585678264198&q=aerial+photography&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiik6ntp8XoAhWSkhQKHWJGBoUQ2A4oAXoECAoQKQ&biw=1920&bih=1009#imgrc=6p9RK18ddLGRGM

It’s like Fyre Festival, but with Coronavirus!

14 Likes

Fill the place up. Weld the doors shut from the outside. Problem solved.

2 Likes

They’ll need some sort of transport to pick up grains from outside…

1 Like

The Masque of the Red Death, anyone?

7 Likes

Sharing a bathroom with a stranger doesn’t really sound like my idea of luxury.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.