Are You the Favorite Person of Anybody?

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/03/are-you-the-favorite-person-of.html

2 Likes

It makes me resentful to think that people live in places where you can just grow edible oranges.

14 Likes

maybe you can grow things that the people in the orange-growing places would love to grow?

6 Likes

I checked with the Wife, I’m still on the top 5 list, it’s a good day in my world…

31 Likes

I like it. It reminds me of something Raymond Carver might have written, one of his later pieces.

4 Likes

Icicles perhaps? Anybody got any lust/love/like for static water?

4 Likes

Here? No.

Real Life? Probably not, but my mom probably thinks I am ok.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Oh, what might have been.

3 Likes

Moms are always a safe bet.

3 Likes

I’m probably this guy’s favorite person.

Past that, I’m probably on my mom’s top-7 list (let’s see, 1 husband, 4 children, 2 grandchildren, yep, that’s 7).

19 Likes

I will now burn all of my hoodies.

2 Likes

Real-life conversation with my young daughter a while back:

Her: “Daddy, what is the universe?”

Me: “The universe is the whole world and the sun and the moon and all the stars and planets and galaxies and everything in them.”

Her: “Daddy, I love you as much as the universe.”

Me: (welling up) “Oh, that is so swee-”

Her: “…and I love Mommy more than the universe.”

33 Likes

I had one of those

Kid: Dad, you’re my favorite in the whole house … 'cuz mom’s not here right now!

ETA: Yours is much better !

15 Likes

I’d be up there for my youngest daughter. The other two have moved out of that “my parents are the best” stage. At one point maybe my wife’s … but she knows a lot of people.

4 Likes

I’m the second or third favorite person of three cats. I can’t hope for much more right now. :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

Blue point siamese? Very select company!

4 Likes

He has that look, but he was born to an auto-shop cat and whichever stray caught her at the right time. He looks like a fancy cat, but I don’t think he really is (not to the snooty fancy cat people, anyway) he’s just very pretty.

8 Likes

Yeah I am pretty sure my kids mom wins. Maybe when she gets older and they start butting heads.

2 Likes

i don’t understand the point of the short, but i have this crush on John C. Reilly for reasons i don’t fully comprehend, and i’ll watch anything with him in it.

3 Likes