Are You the Favorite Person of Anybody?

I have it on good authority that I am one person’s favorite person.

4 Likes
10 Likes

No. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

My post got some likes the other day. Does that count? Please tell me that counts.

14 Likes

Yes. It counts…I don’t know how much more buying you a cup of tea and spending time laughing and talking maybe but Hey It’s a start.

PS I got no idea which post I liked but meh…

1 Like

Not again… Look, @monkeyoh… I like you. Like! I like you!

13 Likes

I’m definitely my cat’s favorite person. He’s constantly vying for my attention and snuggles. If we’re talking about people and me being on their favorite person list i’m probably up there with my mom lol, uhhh… for people not related to me i’d say i’m definitely in the top 5 with my BFF.

3 Likes

we had a family cat often mistaken for a Chartreux, while she was a very much salt-of-the-earth offspring of a hardworking farm cat family. if anyone asked about the pedigree we called it “landed gentry” (and I was not her favorite person, she used me only for subworker services like opening doors and cans)

7 Likes

No. I am runner up for a bunch of people, so that’s nice.

8 Likes

Does it make you more resentful that I rarely pick our oranges and they rot on the tree?

4 Likes

I know, you keep telling me over and over again, but in my heart of hearts, I know how you really feel!

6 Likes

You got me – I’m a sucker for big hair!

3 Likes

Or does it make you more resentful that I don’t even have to pick them – my neighbor leaves bags of delicious mandarins on our doorstep…

4 Likes

You could grow little bobtatos ;D

I am the favorite person of one of our four cats, definitely. He’s obsessed with me. He scratches at the door when I’m in the bathroom. He has to sleep tucked under my arm every night. It’s very sweet and only slightly less annoying.

2 Likes

No, because then I picture more of a fetid malarial swamp-based Deliverance type setting with cousins rutting in old rusted-out cars on bricks

Though thinking about it that would still be quite appealing, climate-wise

Not right now, no. After reading too much news today, when Mr. Jilly came home, I basically launched into how any minute it’s gonna be “The Handmaid’s Tale” for real up in the US of A. The dog started barking, young daughter nearly crying, cat slowly backing out of the room.

But some days, yes, I’d like to think so. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Oh, anything that mentions Raymond Carver gets a thumbs up from me! Well, not anything, but you get my point.

1 Like

I’m a person of interest, if that counts…

12 Likes

Its a two-way street. With great affection comes great responsibility. You can’t really be anyone’s favorite person if you aren’t giving back at least as much.