Ariana Grande concert explosions leave scores dead and injured. Manchester police: 'terrorist incident'

First off, to clear up some details, he was Hispanic - so brown, not white. And while he had mental health issues, the PCP in his weed didn’t help. One would think the media would have latched onto that, but I dunno.

I don’t know if the Media is complicit to spin a narrative, or if they just go with what will cause the most outrage and eyeballs. There have been several examples of whites with mental problems making the news due to violence. Conversely, there was a guy in Hesston, KS who shot up his work place last year, killing 4 and wounding 14, that didn’t make national news. I don’t know if his race as the reason (black), or reason/cause (looks like domestic violence sparked it), or because he was in middle of nowhere Kansas (Find Hesston on the map, win a prize!)

The cynic in me connects the dots that the media doesn’t want to focus too much on minorities when violence happens to avoid demonizing them and perpetuating stereotypes - except it is acceptable with Islamic terrorism. Honestly, the former sort of make sense, as too often people will twist statistics and anecdotal evidence to push an agenda or ideology. The latter shows in spades the damage that can be done.

I just wish we could live in a world where we can condemn certain people when bad things happen, and even certain groups in some situations, but not let it bleed into placing the blame on larger groups, whole religions, or countries or cultures.

Sadly True. And the tactic is used by ISIS as well, where they have killed every male older than ~12 in a village. :frowning: And there are even more historical examples.

2 Likes