Arizona GOP chair says lockdown protestors should disguise themselves as health care workers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/28/arizona-gop-chair-says-lockdow.html

8 Likes

I was shocked. Kudos. These days that’s more difficult than I would like.

18 Likes

That sounds like reckless endangerment…

11 Likes

On further thought, and just spitballing here, but they should also dress up as cops and firefighters while they are at it. I mean, why not? The media doesn’t care if they are really cops or firefighters. It’s the “message” that matters!

26 Likes

Always be wrapping yourself in the <flag | uniform | symbol>.

9 Likes

Worst Village People covers-band EVAH.

19 Likes

add him to the guillotine list.

4 Likes

I worry about the health and well-being of the patients at her practice.

5 Likes

The craziest part is that Kelli Ward is a licensed medical doctor who also has a master’s degree in public health. I just can’t even.

21 Likes

I would ask “why isn’t she helping with the patients?” but that would be pointless. Scum gotta stick to surfaces.

And walk, hell. She needs to spend a few shifts working with patients, with inadequate gear, no sleep, and the risk of dying herself.

I have to say I would be frightened to go to a doctor who obviously cares so little about actual patient health.

11 Likes

Cognitive dissonance is a very real thing. She probably understands the horrible implications, but “owning the libs” takes presidence.

17 Likes

This makes me think of Ask Dr. Science.

… he is “not a real doctor,” although Dr. Science insists he has "a Master’s Degree… in science!"

7 Likes

When the Arizona Republic newspaper says she’s proof the Republican party is dead, I’d believe them.

She hangs tight with the Alt-Right.

10 Likes

You give her a lot of credit. I’d bet money she just does not care because she’s a self obsessed asshole who would gladly stand on a pile of corpses to get a better view of a hanging.

17 Likes

She’ll be so proud when some Qanon maniac wears scrubs to shoot up a hospital.

6 Likes

This is what happens in Saturday morning cartoons. The bad person puts on a fake mustache to trick the good person into doing something bad. The distinction between literary cartoon villains and real bad people is becoming vague and indistinct, only slightly more alarming than the inability of some to recognize it as such.

3 Likes

I can’t find any basis to question her educational bona-fides from her time before entering Republican politics—she was even valedictorian of her high school, so clearly she wasn’t always part of “ignorant and proud of it!” branch of the GOP. She just seems to have sold herself to the cause completely.

She even went from “an abortion should be a decision between a woman and her doctor” to “Planned Parenthood sells dismembered baby parts and we need an anti-abortion Amendment NOW!” in a span of less than four years.

If anything this is even worse than the genuinely ignorant MAGA mobs we usually see saying this stuff. She knows better, she’s in a position to use that knowledge to protect the lives of the people she supposedly represents, and she’s spouting this dangerous nonsense anyway.

24 Likes

Her ring tone…

5 Likes

Could be.

4 Likes

no one who speaks german can be an evil man

6 Likes