Arizona man rescued and arrested after getting stuck in chimney that did not belong to him

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/09/arizona-man-rescued-and-arrest.html

His name was not Santa Claus.

2 Likes

Hail Santa!

10 Likes

Arizona Man & Florida Man, who will win the Darwin Award?

11 Likes

Two gentlemen enter, one gentleman leaves?

7 Likes

Jolly Saint Crack.

6 Likes

Does not bode well for night of Dec 24th

1 Like

Does this ever work?

2 Likes

Did the fireplace have a KFC fire log in it?

8 Likes

Only for squirrels… and all they want are your nuts.

3 Likes

Look at how clean that chimney is!!! They never look like that. He didn’t even get dirty.

2 Likes

Just looking for a doorway to a place of enchantment officer.

4 Likes

Worst Hollywood Brit accent in the history of mankind.

2 Likes

True but Dick van Dyke gets the humor of the thing. He’s said that he was given a vocal coach for the part, but for some bizarre reason they hired an Irish person. Hilarity ensued.

2 Likes

The Real Estate v. Homelessness situation in Tucson seems to be at an all time height of absurdity. The city has an immense “snow bird” populaton: wealthy people who live here only during the winter. Thousands upon thousands of homes are vacant for at least six months a year, some for quite a bit longer. At the same time, absurdities in real estate speculation and real estate subsidies. It is generally more profitable (somehow) to keep massive amounts of real estate off the market. If the mythical “free market” were permitted to operate, I imagine rents in this city would be under $100 a month. Vacant buildings and apartments everywhere, but if you want to rent you better have had your job for five years or more, with perfect credit, etc…

3 Likes

I know van Dyke’s accent constantly gets mocked, but seriously, there have been far, far, worse bad British accents. For example, Kevin Costner’s accent in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, in which his accent would come and go within a sentence!

3 Likes

3 Likes

The first house I owned had a fireplace in it and it was never used. When we bought it and had it inspected the inspector was surprised to see it so clean. It still had in the temporary wood shims that are used when building the chimney and then typically burn off. So, it had never been used. We only owned the house for a year, and never used it, so it very may well still be that clean.

May they don’t have many nights that necessitate using a fire place in Arizona.

1 Like

I’ve got pictures of my house from before I bought it, and the same logs are still in the fireplace today. I always figured it might be useful for holidays or if the power and heat went out for so long it would be the only way to stay warm. Now I’m thinking of using it for a final party before I move out.

I have lived in Tucson since 1963. We have used our fireplaces on rare occasions, except for when we built a geodesic dome and had no electricity for a year - we went through a lot of mesquite that winter.

I wouldn’t go down one of those chimneys, as they tend to have dampers that impede entry into the fireplace.