Bodycam footage of man being pulled from burning building

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/28/bodycam-footage-of-man-being-p.html

1 Like

Git 'er done. I want that guy to come if I ever need to call the cops.

3 Likes

A bit of a gamble, there just might have been a flashover when he kicked the door in, but it payed off.

5 Likes

Corey, from his hospital bed: “Yep, those are my dirty feet all right.”

Yeah, he seemed to duck either to avoid that or inhaling too much smoke. How does one make that sort of determination, I wonder?

Either way, putting oneself at risk on the slim chance that you may save another is the definition of hero.

You check the door for whether it’s hot and/or air is being sucked in through the gaps. (Tricky in a stress situation.)
I had the opportunity to see a simulated flashover and it made a lasting impression on me.

3 Likes

3 Likes

This is a strange observation, but there’s a 95% chance they would have been pulling out a grown man in his underwear if I was Corey. I don’t think I’ve ever been sockless with no pants on at the same time.

1 Like

On second thought, there’s likely a 90% chance I would have had socks on, yet still no pants.

3 Likes

someone will sue him though for dragging him silly though it would be. or maybe I’m just really down on people these days…

Like Rob Reiner I am a sock and a shoe guy.
Left one first, of course.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.