Arizona's Gov. Ducey will get back to you

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/30/arizonas-gov-ducey-will-get-back-to-you.html

6 Likes

“Can you hear it now, Biff?”

12 Likes

You gave him your personal number? Rookie mistake. Should have used a burner phone like a spy or drug dealer or someone who uses online dating apps.

19 Likes

“I only take important calls from people who matter”

20 Likes

That’s the most courageous act by Ducey during his entire tenure as gov.

8 Likes

I’m just waiting for another Republican official to pull the ol’ “sorry you’re breaking up [FZT] heading through a tunnel [SKRRT] OK bye…” bit.

15 Likes

And you know exactly why the White House was calling, too. (Even if they were a bit too late.) And so did Ducey, which is part of why he didn’t answer.

(When Trump sees this video, he’s going to be so mad.)

15 Likes

He is already saying Governor Ducey betrayed the people of Arizona, though it’s not clear if he had seen that video when he tweeted this.

10 Likes

I meant to say he’s going to be extra mad, as he was obviously already going to be mad that he did his duty and signed it. Ignoring Trump’s call, to ask that he not sign it, while he was signing it… that’s the extra insult, for Trump.

12 Likes

Hey there; how ya doin'?

Sorry (not sorry) you can't get through.

Just leave ya name, and ya number, and I'll get back to you!

8 Likes

I would have figured that Enter the Gladiators was better ringtone music for that buncha clowns…

2 Likes
4 Likes

Okay, so no one’s answering
Well, can’t you just let it ring a little longer
Longer, longer oh, I’ll just sit tight
Through shadows of the night
Let it ring forever more, oh

Blue days, black nights, doo wah doo lang
I look into the sky (the love you need ain’t gonna see you through)
And I wonder why (the little things you planned ain’t comin’ true)
Oh, oh, telephone line, give me some time, I’m living in twilight
Oh, oh, telephone line, give me some time, I’m living in twilight

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.