Rudy Giuliani calls senator to slow down vote count, leaves message on the wrong voice mail

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/06/rudy-giuliani-calls-senator-to-slow-down-vote-count-leaves-message-on-the-wrong-voice-mail.html

8 Likes

Jesus. The worst part is that moron Tuberville would have happily done it if only he’d gotten his marching orders in time.

34 Likes

So when Giuliani says “just wait and I’ll have that damning evidence of election fraud to you by tomorrow,” do most Republican politicians still humor him or do they just hang up now?

32 Likes

Listening to this message, I was wondering if Giuliani is a delusional moron who has convinced himself that this narrative he’s spinning is true, or if it’s purely cynical manipulation in advance of a goal, with no concern for truth or decency. I’m thinking it’s both, but he’s definitely a fucking idiot.

31 Likes

They just don’t have the same concept of “truth” that you or I or any sane, decent person does.

There are statements that are advantageous to them and statements that are not, and nothing else.

34 Likes

Moronic beyond words. He was a shitty coach too, and he’ll be a shitty senator. I’m trapped here in this benighted state with him and Mo “dumb as a box of rocks” Brooks as “my” Congressional representatives, and I can’t stop the screaming in my head.

19 Likes

I’ve got friends still in Arkansas. If I had to choose, I think it’d rather be sending vulgar buffoons like Tuberville than dangerous psychotics like Cotton.

AZ had changed a lot in the seven (jesus) years since I moved here, although we are still stuck with a mass murderer for a governor and state house filled by nutsacks.

12 Likes

I’m here with ya, a new transfer. Holy hand grenades this place is crazy.

Edit: and I write that having come from effing Kentucky.

16 Likes

That’s definitely (and extremely) true for Trump, but it’s because he has some serious behavioral pathologies that leave him completely unable to deal with reality. I’m not sure to what degree that is true for Giuliani. Apparently he’s always been an amoral, self-serving asshole, and he’s clearly got some cognitive deficits these days, but beyond that…

7 Likes

Rudy is one of the most ridiculous examples of the cartoonish villains that have come out of the woodwork since 2016 (do you need a list?). Rudy’s buffoonery seems to have no upper limit. I am flummoxed. He is, indeed, a fucking idiot. Do we think you’re fools? Yes, Rudy. We do.

10 Likes

the only strategy we can follow is to object to numerous states and raise issues so that we get ourselves into tomorrow—ideally until the end of tomorrow.

What’s so important about “end of tomorrow”?

18 Likes

But the likely architect of the Four Seasons Total Landscaping fiasco left the message on the wrong voice mail – one belonging to another unnamed senator who promptly leaked the recording to The Dispatch.

They’re not sending their best.

16 Likes

Debatable.

27 Likes

Oh god. You might be right.

Shit.

15 Likes

Tubular.

2 Likes

If I had to guess, it’s because he’s imbued the 6th with a sort of totemic power akin to the magical legal phrases that SovCit morons think can activate mystical legal protections for themselves like a spell. If the results aren’t certified “on time” on the appointed day set out by the law, then they don’t count, to his mind.

Again, if I had to guess.

19 Likes

Now, no matter what he says, in my brain he’s got his hand down his pants while he is saying it.

8 Likes

If you force yourself to listen to the whole thing, the final plops and splashes of his message are about how they’re this close to getting some legislators from the “contested” states to publicly say, I don’t know, some fuckin’ thing, with the result that something something election overturned somehow.

5 Likes

Is it the sequel to “Edge of Tomorrow”? If so, I wouldn’t expect it to reach cinemas until well in to 2022. Maybe Rudy is hoping to drag this out for a year or more?

2 Likes

In mine, he’s got his hand down his pants every moment he thinks he’s not on camera.

/cogitare horret

4 Likes