Armed domestic terrorists take over federal building, but it's OK, they're white

I live in DC and they can and do restrict the public from a lot of places here. Try walking into the White House with the ‘logic’ that it is the People’s House and see what happens. During the government shutdowns they post guards at all the federal facilities, including parks and museums, to keep people out. Driving into the wrong entrance at the military bases will get you a warning that you are to drive to that spot over there, turn around, and if you don’t they will open fire.

BTW, I moved here from Texas which is the largest market for Suburbans. They do loves their black Suburbans with black glass here. The emergency lights are hidden under the black glass and only show after they light up. I don’t know why they want to be so stealthy about it, we all know what a black Suburban means.

3 Likes

Seriously?

If you tell someone how to feel you are objectifying them, full stop.

2 Likes

Did you forget the whole “armed occupation of a federal building” thing?

5 Likes

His family is known for paying their fair sha… hey waydaminnit!!!

3 Likes

Let’s hope the law is enforced this time.

“When the federal government was stopped from enforcing the law at gunpoint, that energized this entire movement,” said Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center, who said that Bundy’s success has fueled a renewed rise in the number of anti-government activist groups and self-described militias. “When you have a big win like they did at the Bundy Ranch, it emboldens people. . . . It is definitely a recipe for disaster.”

5 Likes

Sounds like affluenza, or maybe Aynfluenza

10 Likes

There is no right to graze cattle on public lands – that way lies desertification. Subject to proper range management practices, public land may be available for grazing leases, which are cheap.

7 Likes

I linked that agreement above. I see this as also a protest of the nutters losing their free lunch in that democratic process which appears to have been, at least on first pass, pretty inclusive of input delivered in a timely fashion and without affixed bayonet.

The local ranchers are not down with the nutters, to be clear.

4 Likes

Is that a nazi/white supremacist flag you’re sportin’ there, sport?

2 Likes

It is a good show isn’t it? But I have no popcorn :frowning:

I’m sort of seeing it…

1 Like

They claim they want to return federal land to the citizens. Yet they are really just talking about ranchers, foresters and miners. Well, I’m a US citizen and I vote that it stay a wildlife refuge. I’m guessing if there were a vote, that would win. Its my land to.

What if I wanted to visit it tomorrow and they didn’t let me enter. They wood be violating my constitutional rights. I guess when you have a gun, you can decide whose rights to violate.

8 Likes
1 Like

Like I said, if not for the guns. (Though if they weren’t armed, they would probably all be on a plane to Guantanamo right now, with nary a news story written.)

There’s an interesting take on this on Reason’s site. One thing they are protesting is that a judge had sentenced the two for the arson below federal minimums because he thought the charges of terrorism were overblown, so the DOJ filed an appeal to raise the number of years they’d serve on their sentence.

A German resistance flag?

4 Likes

Same as a black helicopter?

“Occupy”… “Marching”…

Oh wait, that’s from Reason Magazine. Now I see why the article tries to align this misguided protest with more noble ones.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Reason_Foundation

1 Like

German protest party PEGIDA (Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the Occident) ??

They currently use the flag, apparently.

5 Likes

Best way to destroy these guys is to pass on the information that they are cooperating with the feds or that there is someone inside passing info to the feds. Destroy them from the inside. Works on TV every time.

2 Likes

It’s actually the anti-Nazi German resistance flag.

I don’t know if anyone modern group has laid claim to it today.