Arnold Schwarzenegger's appeal to Russia

Originally published at: Arnold Schwarzenegger's appeal to Russia | Boing Boing

24 Likes

Thanks Arnie, you’re a good doobie.

35 Likes

I wish Russians actually had a chance to see this.

19 Likes

A good message, well delivered. :muscle:

25 Likes

Wow, that price isn’t bad, actually. Shipping might be a bit of an issue, of course. Also, I understand some owners of that model have had difficulty getting fuel.

These are street legal in Wisconsin, right?

23 Likes

I always want to think of Arnold as a joke, and then he goes and does something as incredible as this, and I see again how wrong I am.

37 Likes

Yeah, he’s long been a smart man making dumb movies.

Edit: Though, he is also a sexual harasser and adulterer; which my old man brain struggles to remember #wmp. So, now I’ve remembered, nice message, Arnie; but fuck you.

22 Likes

A lot will. Like most of the ex-KGB thug’s initiatives, his national firewall is half-baked and riddled with corruption.

The Russians who really need to see this, and who’d have a particular fondness for Schwarzenegger’s celebrity and his historical references, are the ones still reliant on television for their news and information. With any luck their kids and grandkids will get this video to them.

23 Likes

He really did come back.

Good on ya, Arnie!

18 Likes

i did a double-take when he lightly breezed by the part about his dad being a nazi. but this message at least is on the right side of history.

6 Likes

This is exactly the sort of thing people in Russia need to hear. I appreciate his efforts and hope it helps in getting the truth out to those that are constantly subjected to the firehose of lies from state controlled media.

8 Likes

I bet shipping is “Pick up only”

9 Likes

Arnie has never been shy about referencing and making amends for his past as the child of Nazis

32 Likes

Crying a little. I find that happens when people speak truth in the face of opposition. It should be such a simple thing to do but sometimes the gaslighting is exhausting and it just comes as such a relief. Obviously we here in the west are able to see the truth. I hope this somehow manages to go viral in Russia.

18 Likes

I dunno; he said, “Al be back.” not “Arnie be back.”

I guess we can’t blame him for his choice of parents.

12 Likes

i’m not a big fan of his, so i didn’t realize this. i’m sure he means it, but it’s still shocking to me to hear someone say something like that so casually.

5 Likes

“Seats require cleaning”

7 Likes

Imperfect person says something nearly perfect. The former, which is common, doesn’t cancel the latter, which is rare.

30 Likes

It’s a good message, and seems specifically measured to the mannerisms of the people he’s trying to reach. I hope the message gets through.

Also, is it me, or does he resemble Tom Hanks at this stage in his life?!

12 Likes

Yes, as a former Californian my feelings about Schwarzenegger are complicated. But have been surprised and impressed by many of his public statements over the last few years.

13 Likes