Arrogant overreach: Ajit Pai's plan to totally destroy net neutrality may doom him in court

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/26/rule-of-law-not-shills.html

10 Likes

“I want my Internet subscription experience to be more like my cable TV subscription experience” said no sane person, ever.

45 Likes

A fox in every hen house.

As Elizabeth Warren told Congress, no wonder the American people think the system is stacked against them… It is!

16 Likes

Is Chancellor Palpatine behind this?

11 Likes

He’s a real piece, Ajit. Ajit Pai does not sound very appealing.

2 Likes

“Ajit has internet, if you have coin…”

10 Likes

All well and good, but why attack his children. That just seems vile

1 Like

Uh, who’s attacking his children, where?

7 Likes

Arrogant overreach: Description of 2017.

5 Likes

That’s because the Supreme Court has held that a federal agency contemplating a significant change in policy must “examine the relevant data and articulate a satisfactory explanation for its action.”

Ah, but which Supreme Court? The New, Improved Supreme Court™ might just say, “yea, well, whatever, go ahead.”

And that’s if Trump doesn’t get to replace Ginsberg.

4 Likes

The solution is to spilt up broadband monopolies across the country into smaller companies that compete for customers by offering them value and service. That should save net neutrality once and for all.

14 Likes

Thank you Cory. This is the first intelligent commentary that I’ve seen regarding the ‘nonsense’ that’s going on in D.C. Let’s hope that some common sense (and our Constitution ) will actually be able to protect our incredibly valuable internet.

3 Likes

It better.

2 Likes

I hope they actually try to do something like this.

I’ve given up on fighting for net neutrality for now. I’m waiting for a more sane administration to take control and rebuild everything that’s being destroyed.

Of course the next President will likely just tear it all down again, but so it goes.

And this is actually going to happen?

He means Ajit Pai’s telcom industry kickbacks. Pretty sure Ajit looks at his ill-gotten loot, tents his fingers, and says, “Yes, my children, come to daddy…”

1 Like

For those who don’t remember, Justice Gorsuch’s mom was Ann Burford, Reagan’s Chief Administrator of the EPA who tried to roll back most of its authority. I suspect the apple probably learned his foundational views on regulation from the tree.

9 Likes

I made an attempt at photoshopping for the first time and turned your comment into a meme. Just thought I’d share a link here: https://i.imgur.com/InTuO5J.jpg

5 Likes

Simple solution.
If we did not have a Verizon lawyer working against our interests, that would make perfect sense.
There is a petition circulating asking him to step down, but the people’s voice does not matter in a plutocracy.

5 Likes

Yeah, about that.

(And about that: Gutting net neutrality is a death knell for the resistance - The Globe and Mail )

4 Likes