Artisanal rock costs $190 at shop in The Hamptons

What about packing them together, adding a length of string, and labeling it as “DIY tomahawk kit - some assembly required”?

1 Like

Thought… Could it be made new, from virgin ore, melted under vacuum, treated with molecular sieve purified oxygen?

Wouldn’t that be way more expensive than just finding a rusted out artillery piece or something like that from WWII and smelting it down?

Possibly. But it could be more controllable, for the resulting composition.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t mind owning a piece of old warship…

1 Like

Pam: “He’s gonna try and blow up the door to the lab!”
Krieger: “Let him! That door came off the Graf Spee!”

5 Likes

Reminds me of http://origamiboulder.com/ somehow.

2 Likes

I saw you coming:

3 Likes

I’ll bet if you asked they would sell it for 10% off. Given that is a savings of $19, you really can’t afford not to.

How about some Artisanal Firewood that cost $1200?

Is this real!? I need to know if this is a joke. Seriously, I must know if this is true. Please tell me it is a very well played joke. This can’t be true. Please tell me it isn’t true.

(His firewood also looks like crap)

2 Likes

It…looks like pine? Get ready for an artisanal chimney fire, too, eh?

2 Likes

At least the stump is organic.

1 Like

So, it is not even mineralized, then?

Beat me to it. I was just about to post that link.

In most cases organic produce is bred for flavor and nutrition as opposed to just appearance like their industrially produced counterparts. And that’s not even getting into the issue of pesticides or waxing and all that.

Is it xeriscaped?

1 Like

That’s worse than the time I dropped my gum at the chicken farm and found it back 4 times.

1 Like

#TELL US MORE 

5 Likes

These are bizarrely disjointed claims. You’re confusing organic farming procedures with heritage strains. Big agricultural operations certify their products as “organic” and yet they use the same bland fruits and vegetables, they use strains optimized for travel and slow ripening.

I just get coop deliveries from local farms, independent of whether they are “certified organic” or not.

1 Like

You re-smelt, and in go your radionucleotides in the form of modern atmospheric air…

But as much as we mock it, there are some real applications for low background steel (radiosensitive test equipment etc…)

My favorite that I see at the local wood store is “barn wood”. Premium prices for common woods that are aged/termited beyond recognition. We’re not talking reclaimed american chestnut or anything either. Just really old weathered wood that one would find in a giant pile next to a broken down structure. My thought is that there are tons of places where I could probably get the same for the low price of offering to clean it off someone’s property for free…

3 Likes