As coronavirus spreads, Melania Trump defends new White House tennis pavilion

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/07/as-coronavirus-spreads-melani.html

…paid for with your tax dollars

5 Likes

Tone deaf much…

26 Likes

Oh, I’m almost positive they’ll announce that they’ll use the pavillon to offer free tennis camps for underprivileged kids any minute now.

27 Likes

Whites only!

I meant for playing in, obviously…

32 Likes

Well, I guess technically she’s contributing something to her community, and we’re the ones paying for it. Win win!

Be best, Melania. Be best.

26 Likes

I can’t see what are you colonists so worked up about, really.

You’ve got a spreading epidemics that’s only deadly for the elderly, unfit, undisciplined and generally unable-to-assess-risks persons. Don’t you really have any clue to who the ideal profile match is?

Just cross your fingers, and with a bit of luck…

12 Likes

Whilst Rome burns…

14 Likes

8 Likes

Uh, yeah…
…the jury is in.

3 Likes

It would be nice if it’s deadliness was limited like that, but hale and healthy people, like the doctor who first announced it, are also dying. But I confess to some excitement when I heard about the exposure of scores of GOP senators exposed at the AIPAC Conference.My fingers are crossed.

20 Likes

335 confirmed cases and 17 deaths. That’s over 5% mortality rate. Globally, it’s currently at about 3.5%. It could just be bad luck, but I’d guess there are lots of other more likely reasons. I hope the US can get its act together.

4 Likes

I am absolutely certain they put the tennis courts over Obama’s basketball court

18 Likes

Likely after paying a couple of Russian pros to, uh, Christen it. (I want to peelieve…l

You’re telling me those cows play tennis?

Yes, I googled images, same markings. But that was just a crappy patch of pavement.

This is a CLASSICAL PAVILLION:

4 Likes

Lack of testing kits and overly rigid testing criteria. It’ll come down with better numbers. Well, the mortality percentage will come down. The number of casualties will increase astronomically. But, you know, nothing is free…

7 Likes

I’m going to take a wild guess that she found space for this “pavilion” by paving over Michelle Obama’s garden?

3 Likes

573A0D9A-2A19-4052-9029-35595152C65F

Future tennis racket.

2 Likes

I encourage everyone who chooses to be negative (and) question my work at the ⁦‪@WhiteHouse⁩ to take time and contribute something good (and) productive in their own communities

Wait, so I can build something expensive and frivolous at my own house and it counts as a good and productive contribution for my community?

14 Likes

As long as you divert tax funds from the CDC to do it.

12 Likes