As Nazis, KKK, and militia descend, Georgia town shuts down public transport and park

I just shared this with some of the DM family. That’s a great reason to have a museum. Thanks for sharing your experience.

4 Likes

Not as long as they click their heels together three times and recite “Hail Trump! Hail Trump! Hail Trump!”

6 Likes

Nothing a little dynamite couldn’t fix.

9 Likes

More of a participation trophy

10 Likes

Unfortunately, there’s a state law preventing the carving’s removal.

However, there’s a movement afoot to simply eliminate the funding for its maintenance and upkeep, which would probably result in its being completely obscured by vegetation in a decade or two.

Nature bats last.

33 Likes

Given that the rally isn’t blocking anything vital or holding up major traffic, wouldn’t it be nice if it just got completely ignored and left as a circle-jerk for these losers?

Maybe a couple of news cameras to show the non-eventness of it, but no counter protest, just bored silence.

11 Likes

I was going to go with “nuke it from orbit…”

5 Likes

These very fine people are just holding a job fair (unwelcome interlopers sometimes show up, though).

[except for the Mexican banditos, Brooks presciently covers Il Douche’s supporters: rugged individualist ammosexuals, Confederates, Nazis, bikers, KKK, wealthy Saudis…]

24 Likes

I get the sentiment, but no. Those days have passed. You can’t let rats live in your walls and pretend they aren’t there. We have for too long and it is a sickness. It needs to be difficult to be evil in a society that strives not to be evil.

20 Likes

If the park’s going to be closed to the public, that’s the ideal time to catch up on some overdue maintenance.

It only takes a couple of seconds

18 Likes

Come on, giant meteor.

1 Like

You can tell who the klan is nowadays by their red hats.

20 Likes

Imagine how I felt when I saw that exact scenario with our youth group from Germany during the olympic games.

12 Likes

As Nazis, KKK, and militia descend,

index

13 Likes

If by “monitoring” you mean “participating,” then yes, I am certain they will be.

21 Likes

Well, sheeyit. I live less than 5 miles from there. It will be interesting to see what happens. I hope the two local businesses we make use of close down today.

12 Likes

I’m from Stone Mountain and my family still live there. The reason this could get really bad is that the entire surrounding area of the city of Stone Mountain and nearby Redan suburbs are predominantly Black neighborhoods. I’m telling everyone to just stay away. It’s such a lovely area, and the Park is used by so many diverse people for so many reasons (recreation, picnicking etc.)… Stay safe, everyone.

27 Likes

Will Florida Man be attending? Not worth going if he is a no-show.

Maybe it’s just me, but that does not sound like “wisdom, justice, moderation”.

But can’t that law be changed?

3 Likes

No.
something, something, something. That is more than 5 characters and complete sentences.

3 Likes